Junior QA Analyst - Contract
- San Francisco, CA
Location: San Mateo
Contract: W2 - 3 months
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of products and associated features via knowledge of underlying technologies and frequent hands-on interaction.
- Identify areas of highest impact to end user experience, including upcoming feature implementation and changes to product functionality.
- Create in-depth test cases / test suites to ensure maximum coverage of features & functionalities, keeping the end user experience and overall schedule(s) in mind.
- Collaborate with cross-regional managers / counterparts on test requirements, feature implementations and scheduling.
- Perform preliminary “smoke testing” of created test documentation to ensure thoroughness and quality of contained information.
- Distribute finalized test documentation to QA team(s) for use in test execution.
- Update / maintain test cases regularly to optimize checks and account for newly implemented / changes to products. Implement changes to test cases based on QA team solicited feedback and test results.
- Assist QA team(s) with test execution as necessary.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience designing test cases / test suites.
- Ability to create detailed test documentation based on limited information and/or investigative practices.
- Understands common test methodologies, and has experience with test case and/or bug reporting & tracking tools (DevSuite, TestLink, etc).
- Professional experience in working with a team to achieve common goals.
- Proficiency with MSOffice application.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, technologies and configurations.
- Previous QA and/or test design experience in game industry products a plus.
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years’ experience in test design.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Previous QA testing experience.
- Extensive experience with video game products, features and OS.
- Familiarity with programming / scripting languages: C++, C#, HTML5, Java, Linux, PHP.
- Limited working to native / bilingual level language proficiency in Japanese.
USA applicants only