Proofreader - Contract
- San Mateo, CA
Location: San Mateo, CA
Contract: W2, 3 months
We need someone to do a certification check for all languages for all our products
o Ex: Might be different between Italy and Spain – ‘TM’ vs ‘R’ trademarks
o Web check trademarks
· There is a legal master doc that this person needs to refer to
· QA based off document that is already created: features (ex: super view)
· Knowing when to translate a certain product name (ex: Battery Bac Pac is the same in all languages)
· Check part #s (sometimes up to 300 printer proofs)
· Maintain master glossary of which needs to be translated or not
· Maybe proofread on longer tool kits
· 13 languages
- Experienced proofreader with at least 5+ years of proofreading experience.
- Familiar with Chicago or AP style and usage guide, not afraid to break the rules in the interest of maintaining conversational voice + tone.
- Able to understand and adopt brand and copy style guides.
- Organized and have a keen attention to detail.
- A pair of eagle eyes to focus solely on style, accuracy, grammar and consistency.
- Familiar with Acrobat, MS Office (Word, Excel), InDesign.
- Able to work effectively under tight deadlines and time restraints.
- Able to work in fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Able to multi-task and manage many projects at the same time.
- Copyediting is a plus.
- Experience working with consumer electronics (Global consumer brand if possible)
- Strong understanding of English language and writing
- Strong writing skills
- ‘Before’ and ‘after’ copy examples.
- Able to multi task, attention to detail, organized, work under a lot of stress, tight deadlines, self-directed.
- High degree of professionalism.