Junior Linux System Administrator - Contract
- Menlo Park, CA
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Contract: W2, 5 months
Client is seeking a highly motivated Jr. Linux Systems Administrator locally in Menlo Park, to handle queue management and help support datacenters and POPs all around the globe.
- Monitor incident queue and take ownership or distribute to the team members tasks/tickets within the scope of this engagement.
- Track available firmware updates to ensure servers remain in compliance.
- Document and follow RMA processes and procedures for all relevant vendors.
- Detect and diagnose various error/failure conditions across an array of server types.
- Perform detailed troubleshooting using all available remote means.
- Help with statements of work for vendors at the POP sites.
- Provide back-office type support and guidance to ENS team.
- Develop and conduct training as needed or appropriate
- Configure and deploy network gear in datacenters and pops
- Contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve
- Follow and improve data center/POP’s best practices
- Engage and manage vendors to remotely fix hardware issues at the POP sites.
- Work with carriers to turn up/troubleshoot circuits at the POP sites.
- Use tools and scripts to configure servers and network equipment and also troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to capture and analyze traffic.
- Manage physical access list for POP sites
- Coordinate on-site troubleshooting and server care for actions that cannot be handled remotely.
- Perform and/or coordinate the performance of all procedures to return components to the manufacturer.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in data center deployment, building scaling infrastructure and providing support for Linux based servers and Network devices.
- Must have an understanding of datacenter network architecture and common issues related to datacenter networks.
- Experience in dealing with service providers and colocation facilities around the world
- Solid understanding of ticket management and keeping vendor in check with SLA
- Experience working with fiber-optic technology including cable types, terminator types, optic types, etc.
- Participate in on call activities and follow escalation process to support the infrastructure 24/7
- Experience working on Queue Management for tasks and incidents, vendor engagement and escalation and participation in ongoing POPs deployment projects
- Knowledgeable in Data center practices (i.e. cable routing, calculating power usage).
- Ability to work in an global team environment
- 10% to 20% of travel required.
- Ability to lift/move 30-40 lbs