- New York, NY
Becoming part of the Village Voice team is a chance to join world class talent - individuals who produce professional content, design & develop innovative products, and deliver exceptional results for our advertisers, users, and partners.
This individual must be creative and diverse in skills as well as employ a diverse range of bold design styles, typography and techniques, allowing their unique creative voice to shine through in all forms of design.
• Individual must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and use of the Mac platform. Knowledge of pre-press skills a plus.
• Company is a digital environment, working knowledge of PDF and standard print practices are essential.
• You must be able to work quickly, calmly and under pressure with great attention to detail. The ability to create great work with little to no direction is a plus.
• The Graphic Designer position is responsible for the original conception, design, layout and coordination of creative artwork for our publication. Creative thinking, planning, problem solving and project management skills are a must.
• Assists in quality control by proofing final artwork before submission.
• Understand best practices and apply them across all formats (print and digital).
• Designer must be open to criticism and the right Graphic Designer will be able to step right in from day one and produce high quality results and meet tight deadlines.
• Some evening hours will be required.
Resumes without portfolio samples or links will be deleted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
NO RELOCATION PROVIDED. LOCAL APPLICANTS PREFERRED!!
Candidates must be eligible to work in this country for any employer. EOE.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.