Machine Learning Architect
- San Mateo, CA
Viralheat is a social media and real time web analytics company offering a SaaS solution to businesses of all sizes. We are a growing and dynamic team, determined to create a powerful user experience.
We offer excellent medical benefits, competitive compensation, equity positions and lunch delivered Monday through Wednesday. We’re currently located in San Mateo, CA and we keep a fully stocked kitchen!
We are looking for someone who can tear apart a problem and come up with creative solutions to solve them. You will head our efforts to do some of the most advanced analytics on social media.
Our problems include Semantic Analysis of social data, (entity extraction, entity relation extraction and entity resolution, data classification, categorization, tagging, summarization and quality analysis) Data processing (HTML parsing, Section/Sentence/Word breaking and Encoding/Language detection) and Linguistic Analysis (POS tagging, Morphology, Phrase detection, Sentence parsing). You'll be given a datastore of hundreds of millions of pieces of content to work with, and you'll be tasked at using your ingenuity to create ways to structure the highly unstructured social data and pull out relevant and related information from over 200 million mentions that we are aggregating every week.
You are basically a NLP and machine learning guru. You also have the programming chops to implement your ideas. You can be both pragmatic about making immediate progress, understand long term gains, and set and meet appropriate metrics to show progress. You will be hands on, leading ideas, implementation and eventually a team of engineers.
• Collaborate with co-founder's and engineering to define product.
• Improving sentiment and intent classification precision.
• Semantic analysis, Data parsing & Linguistic analysis.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance in driving big data analytics.
• Apply machine learning techniques to massive data sets.
• Evaluate and integrate emerging data analytics techniques, tools and technologies.
• Blog about tips, tricks and trends in NLP, machine learning and big data analysis.
• M.S. Computer Science. Ph.D. a plus. (with emphasis in data mining / machine learning / artificial intelligence / mathematics / statistics)
• Expert knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++, MySql.
• Experience in data mining, NLP and machine learning, data clustering and classification techniques is preferred.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby and shell scripts.
• Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
• Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a passion for debugging and problem investigation are a must.
• Must be able to independently design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
• Highly motivated and self driven who can work with minimal oversight.
Salary / Benefits
• We offer competitive salaries and full benefits, including health, dental, vacation and stock options.
• You will work directly with the co-founder's of the company.
• You will be an early employee and will get to make a significant impact on evolution of the company.
Viralheat is an Equal Opportunity Employer