Marketing/Social Media Internship (Paid, Full Time)
- San Mateo, CA
Viralheat is a social media and real time web analytics company offering a SaaS solution to businesses of all sizes. We are a growing and dynamic team, determined to create a powerful user experience.
We offer excellent medical benefits, competitive compensation, equity positions, and lunch delivered Monday through Wednesday. We’re located in San Mateo, CA and keep a fully stocked kitchen!
This is a paid internship!
- Create content around the social media space for use on company website, blog, and other publications.
- Help manage and build the company social media presence across all platforms.
- Social media outreach to help bring in inbound leads for marketing and sales campaigns.
- Monitor and engage with online conversations about the product and our immediate space.
- Use SEO to increase web traffic, search engine results, and drive new leads.
- Create, edit, and publish multimedia projects (audio, video, etc.).
- Develop and execute lead generation campaigns.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional marketing team (corporate marketing, field marketing).
- Analyze campaigns, metrics, and data to draw insights.
- Work closely with the marketing team on the development of new materials/website content
- Work on customer case studies and develop sales collateral.
- Research media outlets for press opportunities (create contact list).
- Copy edit marketing materials.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field.
- Must be knowledgeable and excited about the social media space.
- Must have experience using social media channels.
- Must have excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player and work well in a group.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle various projects simultaneously.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Must be an effective problem solver.
- Previous blogging/web writing experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Experience with HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and audio/video editing is a plus.
- Experience with Photoshop and Indesign is a plus.
- Must be based in the Bay Area
Salary / Benefits
- This is a full-time, paid internship. There is an opporutnity for advancement at the end of the internship period.
Viralheat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.