- San Mateo, CA
Viralheat is a venture-backed social media management, monitoring and analytics platform based in San Mateo, California. Viralheat is a powerful, simple, yet affordable way for brands, agencies, marketers and content producers to measure, analyze and engage the social web. Viralheat's intelligence platform is connecting businesses, large and small, to the social web and changing the way business is done.
We offer excellent medical benefits, competitive compensation, equity positions and lunch delivered Monday through Wednesday. We’re currently located in San Mateo, CA and we keep a fully stocked kitchen!
The role of the Account Executive is to close mid-market and small enterprise deals in various verticals. This is a dream-selling role for the right candidate with tons of upward mobility and financial opportunity.
Account Executives are responsible for developing and closing mid-market accounts specifically:
· Prospect, qualify, develop, and close mid-market opportunities
· Sell the Viralheat’s vision to prospects through product demonstrations, presentations and events
Meet and exceed individual sales goals, quota and activity
Document and manage your sales pipeline in SFDC application
Coordinate and manage a team selling process
Work cross-functionally with extended team members primarily marketing demand generation and account management teams
Required experience and skills
We are looking for a highly motivated, over-achieving hunters who flourishes in a fast-paced start-up environment. Also required:
· Strong communication and presentation skills a must. Need strong listening and positioning skills to consult and close sales successfully
· Effectively manages time and activities on a daily basis; can manage prospecting efforts, sales process, pipeline, late stage deals, contracts, and quota, to produce predictable business results.
· A minimum of 2-3 years of on-quota, B2B software applications sales experience; CRM, SFA, and social media or marketing software sales experience a plus, as is on-demand/SaaS sales experience
· A history of selling licenses/subscriptions to SMB organizations with demonstrated ownership of all aspects of territory management
· History of consistent quota over-achievement in highly competitive markets
· Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
· Teamwork and good communication skills a must
· Good technical understanding of Microsoft Office products, email, Salesforce.com (CRM) and other web applications a must
· BS/BA or equivalent
Must be based in the Bay Area
- Competitive salary + medical/dental benefits
- Snacks/drinks in the office
- Lively work environment
- Company retreats
- Startup environment – in the truest sense of the words
Viralheat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.