Senior QA Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
TrialPay was acquired by Visa in 2015 for its unprecedented card-linked offer technology that allows merchants to grow their businesses and build stronger customer relationships. Joining our team means you'll get the best of both worlds: the culture of a fast-paced startup with the security and scale of a Fortune 500 brand. Now, as a part of Visa's Loyalty & Offers team, TrialPay is devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our merchants a leg up.
Here's what we've been working on:
- Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simple using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants.
- Leveraging Visa data to power our technology and ensure that weâ€™re serving the most relevant, personalize offers to consumers
- Driving value to high profile brands including Outback Steakhouse, Peet's Coffee, Regal, and Whole Foods
- Building out the best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions to fuel business growth and strengthen customer relationships
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will work closely with the product and engineering teams to review product requirements and specifications and design comprehensive test plans and test cases. You'll coordinate testing activities and areas of ownership within the QA team, and you'll ensure that quality issues and defects are promptly identified, tracked, and resolved.
- Design and execute detailed test strategies for new products and features
- Verify the correctness and performance of mobile and web applications
- Perform pre-release testing and regression testing
- Identify, reproduce, document, and track bugs found during testing
- Work closely with developers to triage and fix defects
- Collaborate regularly with remote counterparts to plan and coordinate testing activities
- Provide the first level of support to partners and internal users on production issues
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 5+ years QA experience
- Comfortable testing and troubleshooting applications across a range of mobile and web browsers and operating systems
- Working knowledge of QA methodology and testing techniques
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs and experience testing with manual or automated methods
- Experience with Selenium Web Driver or other automated testing tools
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and comfortable owning the test strategy for large-scale projects from start to finish
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports and test results
- Experience with xCode, Android Studio, or Unity a plus
- Competitive salary, comprehensive medical benefits, and 401(k) matching
- Free meals, snacks, beverages, and on-site fitness classes
- Friendly and collaborative open office environment
- Visa stock purchasing plan
- Ping-pong, hackathons, rooftop happy hours, and team-building offsites
- Offices in downtown San Francisco (close to BART) and Palo Alto (close to Caltrain)
To learn more about us, visit us at: http://www.trialpay.com/about/company/
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.