Associate Risk Analyst, Merchant Acquiring
- Lehi, UT
Imagine your first day at CyberSource… You learn an Internet 100 Company called, wanting to enter a new market—next week. You’re energized by your co-workers’ expertise and contagious thirst for innovation. A smile slowly forms on your lips. You realize you’re at the vortex of ecommerce. You’re now part of a mission-critical company that is changing an entire industry—the world’s first ePayment Management company, CyberSource.
Top brands and over 200,000 smaller businesses use CyberSource services to process e-payments in 190+ countries, manage payment fraud and mitigate security risk. Today, about 1 out of every 4 dollars transacted online in the U.S. is managed by CyberSource, as well as a growing global share. CyberSource combines the spirit of a start-up, with the security of a profitable, rapidly growing public company of 500 people having a mix of technology and financial services backgrounds.
The Risk Analyst will be an integral part of our growing Merchant Acquiring and ACH
lines of business and will be responsible for monitoring our Merchant Acquiring
and ACH customer portfolio to mitigate our risk exposure.
Specific Responsibilities will include
- Monitor daily, monthly and quarterly sales and chargeback volumes
to identify any trends or issues.
- Communicate with merchants regarding exception activity and
request additional information as necessary, contact card issuing banks
and/or cardholders regarding merchant exception activity.
- Review exception batches for suspicious activity, investigating
potential fraudulent merchant activity.
- Conduct merchant transaction, volume and chargeback activity
review and analysis.
- Recommend funding holds/releases and report and investigate any
potential losses as appropriate.
- Monitor open collection reporting and correspond with merchants in
- Perform periodic reviews of merchant accounts, obtain and review
current financial/credit reports as required.
- Review public and non-public personal information reports and
business credit reports.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of approved merchant’s websites including
detection of inconsistencies and adjustments made to website after
- Provide education to merchants on proper card acceptance and
chargeback prevention, work with merchants to develop and institute
chargeback reduction plans.
- Ability to complete loss exposure analysis for transacting
- Minimum of 4 years of Fraud Investigation and/or Risk Analyst
- Demonstrate advanced ability to perform day to day fraud
investigation and risk activities as assigned for the company’s acquiring
and ACH portfolio.
- In depth understanding of financial statements and credit reports
and be able to provide detailed financial analysis and understanding of
- Advanced knowledge of the Visa/MasterCard and NACHA
- Possess the ability to de-escalate difficult situations.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of fraud, chargebacks, reason
codes and other payment-related procedures.
- Ability to educate the merchant base on fraud prevention best
- Ability to communicate with customer service, underwriting, sales
representatives and other internal departments as needed.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of risk exposure and potential risk
- Ability to work with team members by assisting in day to day
- Ability to resolve complex problems with minimal guidance.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with multiple
- Advanced knowledge of Windows/PC including Excel and Word.
- Ability to work with Enterprise level accounts with over $6MM
- Ability to communicate with internal and external management in
all levels and in all aspects of acquiring.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.