Senior Software Engineer - ETL
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Corporate Information Technology, Revenue and Pricing Systems Organization, enables Visa's revenue growth through flexible pricing engines and global revenue platforms built on next-generation technologies. This includes managing system requirements, evaluating cutting-edge technologies, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate revenue applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver customer developed solutions, as well as implement industry leading packaged software.
The Software Engineer position within the team is an individual contributor role based in our Austin office. The successful candidate is expected to be the ETL Billing expert within the Core Billing DevOps team. The selected candidate will be fully responsible for both support and development of services built on Ab Initio and Talend technologies. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs and Devops model.
- Responsible for operational excellence.
- Provide level 2 and 3 support to resolve incidents according to committed service level agreement for billing applications.
- Ensure month end processing is completed as per the established processes and issues are resolved in a timely manner to uphold SLA's.
- Ensure process for Incident management, change management and problem management are maintained.
- Provide on call support during off work hours on a need basis, so that critical and high priority incidents are resolved within the service level agreement.
- Provide fixes to problem tickets that require root cause resolution. Develop solutions to fix reoccurring issues.
- Proactively reduce technical debt by implementing service design and code changes.
- Work Collaboratively with upstream systems support team to ensure billing jobs are completed on time and any errors are resolved.
- Keep system documentation up to date.
- Provide support for deployment planning and stabilization efforts.
- Provide strong communication to keep project team and stakeholders up to date.
- Responsible for agile end-to-end development process within the construct of DevOps practices and methodology.
- Support agile ceremonies: sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Provide technical insights to support release planning, including user stories breakdown, tasks assignment, and backlog grooming, through elicitation and clarifications of user stories and requirements with business stakeholders and communication of IT dependencies.
- Adapt to best practices and lessons learned from sprint execution to maximize team velocity.
- Design and develop enhancements or new services that are scalable, resilient, secured and decoupled;
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support the development of automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing.
- Support users during their user acceptance verification.
- Deploy tested enhancements or new services to certification and production environments with rollback strategies defined.
- Actively collaborate within Revenue and Pricing team, as well as with all other IT teams and business users to fulfill the above responsibilities.
- Identify and utilize best practices in the industry to maximize efficient and elegant solutions while minimizing cost.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- 5 years' experience in support and sevelopment experience utilizing ETL tools such as Ab Initio, Talend, Hadoop etc.
- Strong knowledge of database query tools and able to write and run complex queries in DB2 database for data validation.
- Knowledge of UNIX and DB2 database.
- Experience supportive live applications and managing business critical technical functions and SLA compliance.
- Background in Financial Applications (preferred);
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.