Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Digital and Mobile Products organization is building a new generation of applications to facilitate commerce in everyone's new digital lives. Our focus is to build profoundly simple apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives.
The role is a self-organized Lead Software Engineer with solid mobile development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to a Director of Software Engineering.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop next generation mobile payment applications, write solid code following best development practices.
- Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, product management and other teams in an agile manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Android/iOS platform.
- Develop mobile framework and UI based on best practices.
- Execute POCs for visionary initiatives.
- Work independently and provide guidance to junior developers
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Android or iOS application development (required).
- Knowledge of Android or iOS technologies - Objective-C/Swift/Java, network architecture and design patterns.
- Passion for user experience and knowledge of Android Application Patterns as per the Android Development Guidelines or Apple's interface guidelines (required).
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform. (required).
- Knowledge Android/iOS platform and OWASP security practices.
- Experience with android/iOS development tools (Android Studio, Gradle, XCode etc).
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Very good understanding in all phases of SDLC, security requirements, multi-tier application development with hardware interaction, deep understanding of network protocols, test driven development, SDK development - maintenance and support.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with web service development, DBMS, UNIX shell scripts, PHP, SQL is a plus.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on mobile excellence and practice.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.