Customer Service Associate - 3rd Shift (Portuguese)
- Miami, FL
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role is an individual contributor that receives detailed instruction and is responsible for completing work according to well defined policies and procedures. This position is at an entry level and is responsible for applying general office or business skills and providing support to other staff.
- Respond to inbound telephone calls and may generate outbound calls regarding information on aspects of Visa products.
- Evaluate and determine the nature of each call and determine the appropriate action to complete the call.
- Answer general customer service questions from cardholders, explain multiple program features, and where appropriate, transfer the customer to the issuing bank to obtain specific account information or transfer the customer to an appropriate Third Party Service Provider.
- Adhere to established procedures and guidelines while providing quality customer service in order to meet and exceed department standards.
- Provide general information and support on any VISA related topic or product and direct the customer accordingly.
- Update and maintain cardholder data in appropriate databases.
- Use several computer programs to respond to customer inquiries.
- Document cases to show action taken.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1-2 years experience in a customer service environment.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma is required
- Prior experience in a call center environment is preferred.
- Must possess a clear speaking voice and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions quickly based on the customer's needs
- Ability to handle difficult calls in a professional manner.
- Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple service requests with strict time limits on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledgeable of the payments business and VISA operating procedures after the training class.
- Basic PC skills in a Windows environment; however strong keyboard skills are required.
- Able to navigate through the internet.
- MUST be available to work a 3rd shift schedule to include 1 weekend shift (Either Saturday or Sunday)
- MUST be fluent in English and Portuguese
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.