Head of North America Communications
- San Francisco, CA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Results-oriented leader with at least 15+ years of experience in roles of progressively increased responsibility, and a proven track record in managing corporate communications efforts in a comparable corporate structure which generated measurable results across a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Strong business acumen with the ability to translate company strategy and financial performance into clear and concise messages that engage audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate messages through stories in a compelling, visual manner.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about digital and social channels.
• Track record of building strong relationships, trust, and confidence with senior leaders, as well as with prominent influencers and stakeholders, including the media.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Financial and budgeting skills.
• Effective team leadership skills through the use of influence and inspiration to achieve desired results.
Execute on Commitments
• Creates clear strategic priorities for the business and aligns resources accordingly.
• Establish a goal-oriented culture and continually raise the bar for organizational achievement.
Collaborate Across Boundaries
• Ensure a culture of cooperation and relationship building at every level of the organization; build and continually revisit organizational structures that best support a culture of collaboration.
• Execute decisions with the goals and vision of the company in mind; act as a representative of the company brand both internally and externally.
• Encourage creative risk-taking and innovation, acting as a sponsor as needed to turn ideas into actions.
• Provide in depth, one-on-one coaching to enable others to achieve excellence in their performance and maximize their potential; recognize and reward leaders who are effective coaches.
Common Purpose, Uncommon
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and
be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common
purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology
company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network
processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around
the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We
are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around
the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics, NFL and FIFA™ World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. If you have a passion to make a
difference in the lives of people, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build
a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of more than 11,000 talented
employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and
security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.