Technical Account Manager
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa Offers and Loyalty works with issuers and third party program providers to develop and deliver loyalty solutions and card-linked offer programs. Overall, this includes product development, data solutions, business development, product integration, and client management and operations. This role is focused on client management, input into the product road map, customer reporting and analytics, day-to-day operations and product support.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for the direct client management of a variety of third party card-linked offer program providers. The candidate will act as the Visa liaison for a variety of third-party clients, understand their business goals and objectives, provide information and direction to clients regarding Visa loyalty and offers products, tools and services, ensure that the client's contractual commitments are met, and provide issue resolution. This position at an intermediate professional level and requires strong client management skills and analytical abilities. Reporting into the Senior Director of Account Management overseeing all account relationships, an ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to move forward despite ambiguous situations.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure that the client perspective is represented within the organization
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a working knowledge of Visa products and services
- Proactively work with the client to identify strategic opportunities, manage moderately complex assignments that are diverse in scope, and search out appropriate courses of action
- Represent the client's and account management's needs in the product roadmap, provide business requirements and prioritization, and communicate roadmap back to the client
- Research and resolve client's business, merchant identification, transaction processing and billing issues by obtaining and examining all relevant information to determine cause and facilitate resolution
- Use platform tools and interfaces to assist in client needs such as merchant identification, merchant onboarding, offer creation, and issue resolution
- Prepare and present performance results
- In addition to direct client management, this role requires the ability to manage cross-client strategic goals, special projects, determining courses of action for card-linked industry initiatives, and driving account management's goals within diverse cross functional groups including legal, privacy, product, analytics, and business development teams
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus. Requires previous experience managing clients, preferably in the financial services, card-linked, payment card, and software or information services industries
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply it to business solutions
- Working well within heavily matrixed organizations, multi-national experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Microstrategy skills are a plus
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to travel to meet with clients as needed
- Willingness to work with clients and/or other team members outside standard business hours if necessary
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.