Chief Systems Architect (Cloud - OpenStack, Docker)
- Ashburn, VA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
VISA's Distributed Architecture & Engineering strategy is to collaborate with our Product development teams, and other teams within Operations & Infrastructure team for Engineering, building and maintaining the most innovative, reliable, secure and cost-effective distributed solutions to meet VISA customers’ growing needs.
Job Description: Passionate about technology, In this role, as a talented Cloud (OpenStack) engineer, who is willing to work on intersection of Infrastructure and software engineering, be passionate about open-source and be able to design and deploy cloud infrastructure build on top of open-source components. You'll play a critical role in deploying OpenStack based Infrastructure to support a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) that transforms virtualization from an efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm. Prior experience of deploying OpenStack for large enterprises is must. This position reports directly to the Director Cloud Infrastructure Engineering.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement and integrate OpenStack based private cloud in Visa’s data centers across the globe, enable the cloud solution to inter-operate smoothly with existing IT infrastructure and processes, ensure reliability, elasticity and security
- Design and implement of agile innovative infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization
- Provide highly reliable infrastructure solutions that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively
- Design overall cloud tools architecture, standards and integration, understand vendor road map and industry trends, evaluate tools releases, upgrades, fixes and patches
- Identify and implement standard tool sets to reduce complexity and support Operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are fit for purpose yet forward the Visa goals to keep technology relevant
- Work closely with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- Continuously improve tooling and technologies set, maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of technical solutions that support the strategic direction of the business and IT
- Must have prior hands-on experience in designing, building, implementing and supporting Openstack based cloud infrastructure solutions
- 5+ years platform experience, expertise with (Linux, Windows) and virtualization (KVM, VSphere, Hyper-V)
- Extend functionality for OpenStack cloud solutions
- At least 3 years of practical administration experience in Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) as a server platform. Required experience with Linux operation system itself as well as with production level software and hardware.
- Practical experience of organization of highly available clusters is also required;
- Excellent understanding of Cloud technologies in application of hypervisor, storage and network automation capabilities
- Clear understanding of modern network protocols and processes running on each of network layers; Deep understanding of OpenVswitch, knowledge and experience of SDN is plus
- Experienced in building automated solutions through tools and software that enable infrastructure to be remotely provisioned, configured and decommissioned
- Strong analytical skills, able to work independently to solve complex engineering problems. Make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
- Self-confident, commands technical authority and respect at all levels
- Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
- Bachelor's degree
Key skills required: (in the order of priority)
- Openstack deployment (Must have)
- Expert level Hypervisor Experience: VMWARE, KVM, Hyper-V (must have)
- RHEL Linux System Administration (must have)
- Windows 2008, Windows 2012 (must have)
- Good Understanding of Network Concepts (must have)
- Scripting - shell, Ruby or Python (must have)
- Expertise in one or more configuration management tool: Ansible, Chef or Puppet for managing medium & large environments (must have)
- API design and RESTful principles, able to utilize REST APIs for integration and testing (Must have)
- Containerization concepts, experience with clustering and scheduling suites such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DCOS (good to have)
- DevOps – CI/CD understanding (good to have)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.