Staff Software Engineer
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the platform for Operations and DevOps teams. Must be able to coordinate and manage input from Operations and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale Reliability Engineering technology initiatives. Digital and Mobile Product development organization is leading the development of Visa’s next generation of DevOps platform and tools to improve site availability by faster detection of production issues.
The role is a self-organized Staff Engineer with solid Java, HBase, TSDB and Time series metrics ingest, manipulation, Alert development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of DevOps tools team. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Foster City, CA, and will report to the Director of OperA product development.
BS / MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of combined 8 years of experience in Java and HBase, TSDB metric ingest, aggregation, and calculation development
- Great development and admin knowledge of NoSQL database technologies, HBase, Mongo, TSDB.
- Experience in design, implementation and sustaining of full-stack self-service solutions and related,
- Strong Experience programming in Java technologies (Java, HTTP, JSON, REST, TSDB)
- Experience working with a variety of Application Servers/containers, Kafka, Dockers
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design patterns
- Proven problem-solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
- Strong dedication to test automation and Test Driven Development
- Obsessive about code quality
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills, ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment
- Engage in ideation, design and development of superior detection and alerting mechanisms
- Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, design and solutions
- Engages dev leads and architects with a Dev Ops mindset with all stakeholders and focus on problem-solving
- Ensures inclusion of Visa's business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa's business
- Evangelize within and outside the technology organization at Visa