Staff Engineer Analyst
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the platform for Operations and DevOps teams. Must be able to coordinate and manage input from Operations and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale Reliability Engineering technology initiatives. Digital and Mobile Product development organization is leading the development of Visa’s next generation of DevOps platform and tools to improve site availability by faster detection of production issues.
The role is a self-organized System Analyst with solid Java, HBase, TSDB and Time series metrics ingest, manipulation, Alert development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of DevOps tools team. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Foster City, CA, and will report to the Director of OperA product development.
BS / MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of combined 8 years of experience in Java and HBase, TSDB metric ingest, aggregation, and calculation development
- Must have a passion for System, network and associated application data
- 8+ years of experience working in a technical environment as an systems engineer or developer
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Operations architecture, database admin and data warehousing.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with SQL and no-SQL data technologies, TSDB, HBase and Mongo is a plus
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with unix shell scripting, Perl, Python and Java.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with Hadoop HDFS, Hbase, Kafka, and Splunk,
- Excellent critical thinking, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong estimating, planning and time management skills
- Engage in ideation, design and development of superior detection and alerting mechanisms
- Experience administering. monitoring scalable production systems
- Expert in at least one major scripting language, Ongoing desire to automate repeatable task
- Excited about adopting open source technologies for building Monitoring capabilities
- Problem-solving and Willing and able to trace issues across the entire technology stack
- Collaborate with Operations, Platform, and DBAs teams to test and deploy implementations into Production and provide Production support as needed.
- Optimize queries, data aggregations, and data pipes and improve data models in order to optimize and improve data delivery performance
- Evangelize within and outside the technology organization at Visa