Vice President, Head of Cyber Defense
- Ashburn, VA
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to
develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 9,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is essential to maintaining
our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, which is why Visa
has made it a priority to create top-tier security operations and incident
response teams to defend the company against evolving cyber threats. If you
would like to join a company where security is truly valued, where you can work
with like-minded peers who are passionate about the art & science of cyber
defense, and where you can use state of the art tools for maximum impact, then
we have a home for you.
Visa is seeking a seasoned leader to head its Cyber Defense program. This senior position is responsible for directing the teams that investigate and respond to threats to Visa, our
partners and the payment ecosystem. The organization is comprised of several teams located across multiple geographic locations that are responsible for the comprehensive cyber defense of Visa and its
subsidiaries. This includes advanced threat defense, security monitoring, forensic investigations, threat intelligence and cyber hunting. A successful candidate must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise wide program that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross functional activities and work streams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross departmental initiatives. Visa is looking for an innovative, hands on leader, with a track history of high performance that will drive
change to their team and to Visa’s business.
This position will be based in Ashburn, Virginia.
- Be hands on and continuously improve cyber efforts to protect and defend the Visa connected enterprise from computer network exploitation, malware, and attacks.
- Lead, recruit, manage, mentor a team of about 50+ over distributed geographic locations; maintain a pipeline of talent and build a strong bench strength
- Effectively lead 24x7 security monitoring, detection, and incident response services across several global operational centers.
- Produce timely and actionable threat intelligence products to inform the defense of Visa and its ecosystem.
- Direct programs to protect against insider threats and provide forensic, technical investigative services to partners in Legal, HR, the Business Conduct Office and Audit.
- Leverage big data and advanced security analytics to develop new models to proactively visualize and alert on threats within the security ecosystem.
- Take full accountability for the Cyber Defense program future strategy and annual program objectives.
- Anticipate future cyber threat trends. Sponsor, prioritize, and drive delivery of novel advanced threat detection solutions to address emerging threats.
- Serve as a cyber subject matter expert and resource to executive management. Provide analysis and solutions to cyber security issues on a consultative basis.
- Provide regular and on demand reports and presentations to executive and Board-level audiences, as well as to regulators and external audiences.
- Execute program with constant focus on consistency while ensuring innovation to keep at pace with an ever-changing environment.
- Provide excellence in leadership to a globally dispersed team.
- Develop and lead strategic roadmaps to optimize adoption and application of appropriate processes & technologies.
- Work with Visa executive management within Engineering, Architecture, Risk and other functions to develop strategic plans.
- Establish performance targets and metrics to evaluate and drive success of the program
- Manage financial forecasts and long and short-term financial operating plans to maximize growth while meeting quarterly and annual financial targets. Ensure that resources are dedicated to the most critical business initiatives.
- Drive implementation of necessary metrics that help measures the efficiency and effectiveness of the cyber defense program.
- Undergraduate or a master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information science, or a related technical discipline.
- 15+ years of related cyber defense experience with 5+ years in relevant leadership roles running incident response, investigations, and SOC functions.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience and clearly articulate function and strategy of threat intelligence, incident response and investigations.
- Experience in managing large, globally diverse organizations.
- Familiarity of security program management in global environments (global privacy laws, regulations and compliance requirements).
- Have a strong understanding of increasingly sophisticated cyber-attacks (especially targeting financial sector resources), hacking techniques and associated defensive methods.
- Ability to champion a culture of innovation by taking risks, challenging the status quo and encouraging continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicate complex technical or intelligence related information to both technical and non-technical audiences including new and ongoing cyber security threats to executive
management and board members.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with key stakeholders, advise leaders on the most appropriate cyber capabilities for their needs, persuade/negotiate for the prioritization of
critical initiatives and manage their expectations.
- A track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously and ability to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Hire, develop, and lead a world class, high performing team.
- A background in defending high risk defense organizations or financial industries is a plus.
- Security management certifications such as CISSP, ISSMP or CISM desirable.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.