Director, Issuer Processing Risk Product Management
- Highlands Ranch, CO
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director will be a member of Visa's Issuer Processing Risk Product Management team and responsible for product development of industry-leading fraud mitigation tools and services. The team is focused on defining industry-leading feature/functionality for the Visa DPS risk and fraud mitigation product set.
The position requires the ability to apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve business problems, and quickly arrive at recommendations that drive fraud prevention priorities. The Product Manager will have extensive interaction with clients and internal teams and is expected to contribute to the successful implementation and support of fraud prevention functionality within the DPS processing platforms. This position will also engage in frequent consulting discussions with Issuing Financial Institutions as it relates to fraud strategies, losses and potential fraud savings.
The position will be based in Denver, Colorado.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining new and/or enhanced product scope and business development requirements, identifying benefits and risks, and managing all pre- and post-release aspects including delivery, reporting, documentation, training, support, marketing, and legal and regulatory issues
- Interfacing with internal and external resources to determine necessary product additions and enhancements
- Matrix managing product development activities within the DPS application development, implementation, customer service, training, documentation and QA/Certification groups
- Providing SME support for existing and future products and services to both internal and external audiences
- Participate in managing product strategies and business plans, managing the prioritization, implementation and tracking of product initiatives, performing competitive, customer, and market analysis and examination of new market opportunities and potential external partnerships
- Communicating with internal support and sales teams to educate, gather customer feedback and resolve product issues
- Meeting project deadlines and budgets while providing solutions that meet the business requirements of both internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and delivering presentations and documentation to both external and internal audiences in Working Groups, webinars and other venues regarding areas of product ownership
- Working with Visa Brand Product teams to develop aligned product plans, strategies and tactics in all areas of product ownership
- Assessing the effectiveness of the overall product(s) and providing feedback to management in order to ensure the risk management products reflect both current and future client and market needs
The person filling this position will be a key contributor to the successful execution of new features and services on the Visa Debit Processing platform that drive client satisfaction, differentiate the Visa offering and drive Visa debit processing Service revenues.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Master's Degree preferred)
- 8 - 10 years of experience in product management or product development in the financial services industry is required
- 5+ years of experience in electronic funds transfer, retail banking or payments card processing is required
- 5+ years of experience understanding domestic and global payments transaction fraud activity and mitigation practices
- Demonstrated ability to create complete, concise business and technical level requirements including experience with use cases, report and screen mock-ups, and cross-functional requirements
- Negotiating skills and strong interpersonal skills to influence cross-functional team decisions
- Ability to work creatively with strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and demands
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs and to build solutions to meet those needs
- Ability to make decisions based on available data and consultations, considering short and long-term strategic goals
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Ability to work independently within a complex environment
- Ability to develop content independently and prioritize work flow with limited supervision, often under significant time constraints
- Ability to handle multiple project work streams with proven success in synthesizing large data sets related to a wide variety of functional business problems
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages in written and verbal communications
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Tableau
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.