Sr. SW Engineer
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorship's, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking a Senior SW Engineer focusing on test automation within the Commercial Product Development team which is a part of Visa's Data organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ Information products and services for Visa's Commercial line of products. Our range of products include data processing platforms, BI reporting and data mining solutions, B2B payments platform etc. This position reports to Director, Visa IntelliLink Platform and will be based in Austin, TX.
Primary responsibilities will include
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates
- Implement and develop automated test practices for both web and mobile applications using Selenium, Cucumber, Python, Groovy, and more
- Design, create and execute test scripts to address areas such as furcation testing, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, and performance testing
- Coordinate with your scrum team and development counterparts in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test, automation and release.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and testing methodologies.
- Participate in root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology discipline plus 5+ years relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work experience in software development or testing.
- Good understanding of test methodologies is a must (exploratory, load, stress, mobile, acceptance, regression, security, performance, black/white box, web-based/service-based/data-flow-based, and tec).
- Good understanding of web application, web services standards and related technologies
- Experience with Functional and Regression Test Automation using Selenium, Cucumber, QTP, SoapUI, and etc.
- Experience with Performance Test Automation using JMeter, HP Performance Center, Load Runner etc.
- Programming experience with C# or Java
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-device test implementation
- Experience with T-SQL and RDBMS
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with Mobile application testing is a plus
- Ability to quickly understand code and specifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills is must
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change direction mid-course based on business drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Ability to work independently in a high throughput environment
- Past experience in Payment industry and Commercial product line is a plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.