Business Development Manager
- Belgrade, Serbia
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is
the best way to pay and be
paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that
unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is
at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000
transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling
them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global
advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to
help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate
teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion
to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to
build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented
employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and
security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the relationship between
Visa and designated clients with a focus on business growth and client
satisfaction. Manage the setting,
direction and implementation of country & business strategies, objectives
and plans within designated clients in order to achieve business targets
through growing the existing business and through identifying new business
opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new products
Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Contribute to the development of the
areas business development strategy.
- Ensure the development of individual
designated clients’ operational plans, with corresponding tactics and
actions to achieve defined goals.
- Ensure that the necessary Marketing
plans are in place in good time (6 months ahead) and have sufficient
justification for the required spend.
- Monitor the development of the banking
and financial services industry across the region, analyse trends and
understand factors impacting current and potential business results of
Visa. Monitor, analyse and
develop/respond to competitors strategies.
Business Development and Relationship
- Establish, develop and manage the
relationship between Visa and designated clients’, industry
representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers
Association and Media.
- Establish, develop and manage
relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors and Domestic Switches
- Responsible for revenue at client and
- Identify new business development
opportunities and take accountability for and manage the project
evaluation of these. Focus on
achieving business targets through growing existing business and
developing new business opportunities.
Monitor business results of designated clients and anticipate
challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish targets.
- Ensure effective communication of
progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients’.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close
relationships with decision-makers and senior management of designated
clients, partner companies, Central banks and national banking
associations. Understand their
business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present
to them strategic ideas and share Visa’s views on industry developments
and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results.
- Represent Visa to the clients by
providing a point of contact to them, with permanent high quality
support on the Visa organisation, products, systems and policies.
- Client consulting relating to
operations, IT, marketing and compliance
- Represent Visa by attending and speaking
at conferences and business meetings and undertake media/public
relations activities in the area, to shape perceptions of the
- This Assist with the relationships with
the central banks, key technology partners and other organisations
involved in payment services. Utilise these relationships to influence
and change attitudes and decisions of clients’ and to achieve Visa’s
goals in the region.
- Ensure all CEMEA or CIS&SEE departments
are fully informed of actions that may affect them, support their
objectives and business plans and seek to resolve conflicts which might
- Actively contribute to the development
of the team through sharing of information, coaching and support.
- Establish, maintain and develop good
relationships with CIS&SEE and CEMEA colleagues, and staff in other
regions to ensure that global initiatives and best practice throughout
Visa are effectively introduced across CEMEA.
- Complete ad hoc project/research work
and other initiatives as directed by senior management.
3. Strategic Nature,
Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
- Ensures implementation of annual functional sales goals and
- Responsible for activities of clients/areas without direct
reports. May lead small
- Directly supports senior sales staff on their areas of
4. Decision Making & Complexity
- Operates autonomously with moderately complex accounts. Has impact on department revenues and
organization reputation through management of client relationships.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan.
- Interprets business issues and recommends best practices.
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex
5. Financial & Organizational Scope
- Operational sales team member
- Manages assigned accounts or supports others.
- Generates new business and maintains existing client
relationships in mid to large accounts.
1. Key Competencies
- Client relationship and management
- Superior negotiation skills leading to
timely and acceptable resolutions
- Solid interpersonal skills and working
with cross functional teams
- Exceptional verbal and written
communication skills - Development and preparation of executive level
- Self-directed and motivated
- Able to work with little management
- Leadership Skills
- Strategic management and creative
- Analytical in thought processes
2. Required Experience (education, skills
- 2 years
of continuous experience in a bank or processing centre;
or support/improvement of bank card products in cooperation with
different payment systems;
- Sales experience and proven negotiation
skills, prior experience leading meetings and effectively delivering
presentations to large industry audiences, including conferences,
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or electronic payment
schemes, including products & services, business systems and
- Experience in liaising, and working with senior level
international bankers, industry representatives in-country such as
Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association and Media.
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and
deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Commercial orientation, interpersonally credible, influential in
their dealings and sensitive to a multicultural environment.
- Ability to manage varied indirect reporting relationships at all
levels of the Visa and member organisation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are
needed to influence direction and change attitudes and decisions of
senior level international bankers
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship
management, including the ability to work effectively within CEMEA,
between regions and with Worldwide Services staff
- Candidate must have the ability to travel frequently
- Fluent in Serbian and English
3. Preferred Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
Preferred Education: MBA
Preferred Experience: Retail banking/acquirer/financial services sector or consumer card business
Preferred Skills - Professional/Technical/Business
1) Project management skills
2)Experience with strategic planning, creative thinking and solution development
3)Excellent time management skills and ability to achieve goals with minimal management oversight
4) Demonstrated organizational skills