First Level Server Monitoring and Support (Associate Technical Support Analyst)
- Ashburn, VA
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Provide L1 technical support for Visa Inc.’s global corporate and commercial systems. This includes various distributed system platforms (servers) and applications, following documented support procedures to meet established service levels. Many service levels have strict financial penalties for failure to meet.
•Communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate. Ability to draft the various types of communication in complex and non-routine situations, and distribute to appropriate recipients' within set time frames with little to no guidance.
•Track and update all incidents in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets ticket quality standards.
•Provide routine L2 system administration on multiple server platforms, in the resolution of incidents. Liaisons with L2 support groups in the resolution of incidents for complex, unfamiliar issues.
•Support and participate on project schedules and changes which can include UAT testing, creation of process and procedures, and assisting with training development and implementation specific to immediate team and/or department.
•Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training. Ability to train junior staff members in technical disciplines.
•Ability to identify, analyze and isolate anomalies presented via standard alerting utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
•May take the leadership role in managing highly critical events that may have the potential of major financial and/or reputation impacts to Visa, Inc.
* BS degree in Information Systems or CS or equivalent experience; typically requires a minimum of 5+years of experience preferably in financial services.
* (ITIL) Technical staff member with hardware/software system configuration and troubleshooting skills and experience. Includes (but is not limited to) Windows, UNIX based servers, mainframe and application.
* Demonstrated analytical abilities in independently resolving complex problems that may not have fully documented handling procedures.
* Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and assisting junior staff members and/or enlisting support of others to prevent compromises to Visa's business or client service level agreements.
* Demonstrated ability creating procedures for complex issues to provide the ability for junior members to resolve these issues in the future.
* Leadership abilities to influence motivation, collaboration and innovation from team members.
* MS Office Proficiency
* Windows or Unix Certifications – Preferred
* Experience with BMC Remedy ticketing, Tivoli NetCool monitoring, and vSphere tools a plus.
* Experience participating or facilitating problem bridges for high priority events also a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.