Network Security Engineer
- Singapore, Singapore
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the
best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision
and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments
technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network
processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around
the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We
are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around
the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have
a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is
fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over
the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving problems and
taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This is at
intermediate professional level and works independently with minimal guidance,
and requires a high level proficiency in networking and security disciplines
• This position is responsible for day-to-day administration of network
firewalls designed to protect networks and systems from malicious/unauthorized
network access or misuse.
• Primary responsibilities include, updating firewall rules/policies to meet
customer requirements, validating that user requests do not allow unauthorized
network access, firewall log analysis, troubleshooting network connectivity
problem via use of packet captures using packet capture technologies.
• Troubleshooting firewall fault conditions and coordinating firewall rebuild
• Coordinates with the Security Operations Center to proactively defend against
the known exploits and vulnerabilities.
• Configures internet proxy servers to restrict corporate internet access to
support the company's acceptable use policy.
• Diagnoses and resolves network connectivity problems in short time frames
• Applies security software patches, and assists in capacity expansions.
• Updates incident and change management records
• Provides technical support for activities that improve the security posture
of Visa's networks.
• Provides 24x7 on-call support as per on-call rotation
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science
or a related field is required. Post graduate degree a plus
• A minimum of 5+ years of professional experience
• Strong experience in Check Point and PAN firewalls.
to manage Provider-1 and/or Panorama management and logging systems
• Self-motivated, attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn
• Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex
systems and network environments
• Experience supporting Bluecoat Proxy, Cisco ASA and Arbor technologies and
• Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems (high comfort level using
• Check Point Administrator (CCSA), Check Point Engineer (CCSE), CCNA
• Experience in F5 GTM is a plus
• Familiar with ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, and Problem Management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines