Sr. Director - Commercial Payments Market Development, Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Business Solutions team manages the product development, management, commercialization and distribution of Visa’s non-consumer payment solutions to facilitate B2B payments. These solutions solve payment challenges that occur in business-to-business (B2B) environment. The opportunity for B2B payments in Asia Pacific accounts for US$46T. Our mission aligns with our global vision to be the best way to pay and to be paid by businesses of all sizes, everywhere.
The Business Solutions team work closely with our issuers, acquirers, merchants and Fintech partnership community to deploy best in class payment services, and design innovative payment solutions to solve the friction that exist in making and receiving payments.
We also closely collaborate with our I&SP, MSS and Digital Solutions team to apply our assets and capabilities to co-create solutions fit for purpose and addresses the digital agenda for our key stakeholder community, that will benefit business of all sizes, be they SMEs, Large Corporates, MNCs and Governments.
We align our issuer and acquirer activities with the CRM and MSS client management teams to ensure synergy with our client account plans and consistently build relevance for our brand.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for market development activities with a specified portfolio of accounts or segment to drive expansion of Business Solutions, new partners and new revenue pools for Malaysia
- The role will set joint objectives and supporting performance targets for the function based on a strategic plan built with the Head of Business Solutions for South East Asia, in alignment with CRM team
- Drive new Business Solutions purchase volume and revenue with our commercial issuers in Malaysia in collaboration with Client Relationship Management teams and cross-functional teams in Visa
- Formulate and execute on go-to-market approaches across the range of business solutions Visa offers in Malaysia as it relates to the assigned portfolio and/or segment(s)
- Target and deliver unique Visa business solutions to the commercial sector, including SME, Middle Market, Enterprise and/or Government Segments, whilst at all times upholding our 4-party model principles and driving incremental revenue
- Drive the successful deployment of Visa’s digital payment solutions and B2B platform partnership programs to gain market share and accelerate CIF and PV growth
- Engage with clients to identify customer/segment needs and co-develop to improve the value proposition of their solutions
- In collaboration with the Business Solutions Hub team to design and deliver business cases for new payment / technology / innovation initiatives which will require engaging players in the FinTech, government and acceptance value chains, establishing new partner / vendor/ enabler / joint venture integration with capabilities to establish and sustain Visa’s competitive advantage for Malaysia
- Responsible for meeting objectives and goals set with B2B partners identified, and ensuring successful implementation of GTM plans in Malaysia
- Devise and execute on expanding and deepening engagement with wholesale banks (business banking, commercial banking, corporate banking and transaction banking) as viable distribution channels for the commercial cards issuing business, including but not limited to developing the right CVP for each segment as it relates to each bank’s objectives
- Responsible for developing and driving lead generation, needs assessment, solutions-sell for wholesale B2B payment or collections flows with the commercial issuers across the supply chain
- 10 ~ 15 years experience in corporate/business banking and/or commercial cards
- A strong understanding of corporate/business banking drivers and economics and the relationship between corporate/business banking and commercial cards
- Assess and define business opportunities to increase volume and share implementing both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability
- Qualify and build business cases and models, with new partners considering incremental distribution channels to drive the Visa business
- Implement Business Solutions with issuers that improve the customer experience; increase revenue generation; and enhance mutual profitability
- Leverage appropriate Visa assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional business/issuer/acquirer value
- In partnership with Regional and Global Business Solutions, Product, MSS, CSS and marketing resources, contribute to developing portfolio or segment specific business plans through the provision of appropriate market intelligence and to take responsibility for the implementation of those plans
- Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for portfolio growth and innovation
- Actively contribute to individual market development efforts
- A proven self-starter who is results driven and takes a disciplined approach to achieve results
- Successful in managing B2B partnerships and create opportunities relevant to driving market share
- Strong ability to understand the profiles and endeavors of the wholesale banking side of bank and how Visa can implement frameworks with the commercial issuer part of the bank to drive commercial issuance growth across business segments
- An agile mindset and adaptive approach to develop new segments or verticals to capture new wholesale B2B payment or collections flows, applying the right capabilities with the relevant CVP for the relevant segment