Data Center Support Lead
- Beijing, China
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Data Center Technical Support Analyst will take an active role in planning, installation, deployment, relocation, reconfiguration, and de-installation of open system and legacy system infrastructure and all Network System peripherals and network equipment and cabling infrastructure in Visa data centers.
The Data Center Technical Support Analyst responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
• Lead project meetings and sizing requests for the installation of hardware and cabling infrastructure.
• Lead the installation planning team members to coordinate installation of hardware, network hardware and cabling systems
• Collaborate/Partner with the engineering and vendors to assess new technologies and their impact to the data center infrastructure from a space, power, cooling, and structured cabling perspective.
• Provide primary support and troubleshooting of hardware problems
• Provide support and troubleshooting of network hardware problems
• Maintain in-depth knowledge and skills to diagnose and coordinate repairs of channel connectivity problems and other CPU /OPEN SYSTEMS/Network to switched peripheral channel connectivity problems
• Maintain in-depth knowledge and skills to diagnose and repair of network cabling systems
• Coordinate vendor support on hardware problems, maintenance and upgrades.
• Utilizing problem and change management system and internal guidelines, will insure that all changes and problems are accurately managed and tracked
• Utilizing Asset Management and DCIM, will manage and track network and hardware inventory, locations and status for all mainframe/open systems/ network and peripheral equipment
• Lead meetings as appropriate to understand implementation requirements
• Provide knowledge transfer within the group
• Provide physical layouts of the computer complex and updates as requested for planning purposes and to reflect the actual current environment
• Provide updates of the physical layout of equipment and cabling systems utilizing the DCIM documentation tool.
• Create planning diagrams of proposed hardware configurations as needed for installation and maintenance purposes
• Document operational guidelines, and troubleshooting procedures for all Hardware, Cabling and Media management
• As the Subject Matter Expert work with other SMEs and Vendors and build a working rapport.
• Prepare RFI/RFP and request quotes for maintenance.
• Document process and procedures and ensure that all possible infrastructure scenarios are addressed and solutions are documented.
• BA/BS or equivalent related experience
• Minimum 10 years of experience working hands on with hardware (i.e. storage and server products)
• Minimum 10 years of experience working with network hardware and cabling systems in a Data Center environment.
• A working knowledge of IP networks and network topologies
• A working knowledge of the operation, installation and maintenance of (IBM, Dell, Arista, HP, CISCO, etc) server products and associated peripheral devices
• A working knowledge of the operation, installation and maintenance of DASD platforms (IBM, EMC, HITACHI).
• Knowledge of TIA-942 standards and BICSI best practices; must have working knowledge of CAT6a, Multi-Mode and Single Mode OM4 characteristics and limitation for data transmission and receive and insertion lost. (BICSI is a professional association supporting the IT industry. IT covers the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety & security, project management and audio & video technologies. It encompasses the design, integration and installation of pathways, spaces, fiber- and copper-based distribution systems, wireless-based systems and infrastructure that supports the transportation of information and associated signaling between and among communications and information gathering devices)
• A Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) an individual who has demonstrated knowledge in the design, integration and implementation of telecommunications and data communications technology systems and related infrastructure preferred
• Experience in installation management and vendor management in large scale Datacenters
• Rotating shift work requirements and weekends.
• On Call 24 X 7 Support
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.