Sales Engineer - Value Added Services
- Reading, United Kingdom
CyberSource a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource’s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Cybersource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
To provide support to the sales team by providing technical & business knowledge of payment acceptance processes and associated services (including fraud, payment security & 3D-Secure) for card not present services & for card present payment services.
Provide consultancy services to clients with respect to implementing and configuring the CyberSource products & services for effective transaction services through articulation of optimum process flow design and successful implementation using supported independent decision making for service delivery.
The scope of the role pertains to working & servicing the European region supporting tier 2 & 3 clients which will be made up of a combination of net new & existing install base clients that use a single or combination of the CyberSource core products & services for card not present & card present transaction processing. This may span across the following areas, but not limited to: Payment Acceptance, Payment Security & Risk Services.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of CyberSource products through research and testing in order to act as
subject matter expert with prospective customers through a series of self-enabled product & services learning through technical testing & investigative exercises whilst being supported by the broader
Value Added Services senior team members & line manager.
- Maintain accurate & current product & services knowledge through knowledge sharing via global teams & working collaboratively with product teams across CyberSource & Visa through a series of
self-enabled product & services learning through technical testing & investigative exercises whilst being supported by the broader Value Added Services senior team members & line manager.
- Provide technical pre-sales support by accompanying European sales team to meetings with prospects. This would typically involve giving presentations to prospective and existing clients, providing product demonstrations, and using whiteboard sessions, all with a focus on maintaining a sales-oriented approach to solutionising the client’s requirements through discovery phase exercises whilst using product, services & industry knowledge to remain flexible in approach &
adapting to challenging pressured situations to deliver technical excellence.
- Engage, support & work collaboratively with Tier 2 and Tier 3 type clients across the card not present space within the following verticals: Retail, Travel, Digital, financial, government & gaming.
- Support, drive & support engagements for integrated commerce opportunities pertaining to card present processing across core channels including but not limited to Retail,
Travel and Banking.
- Provide subject matter knowledge and expertise around card present processing with specific emphasis on device management, P2PE methods, testing & deployment when combined
with the CyberSource services.
- Deliver client focused technical consultancy engagements around the successful and efficient implementation of the integrated commerce CyberSource products & services resulting clients going
live on time or as close to forecasted date as feasible for tier 2 & where applicable tier 3 clients.
- Provide proposal support to the European ales team, via quality checking the business, technical and functional sections of RFI and RFP documents with specific emphasis on card present
processing, device management, encryption, PCI-DSS and technical work flow management.
- Write & develop small internal computer applications to provide proof-of-concept ideas, to test integrated commerce products, and to troubleshoot client issues by providing assistance to CyberSource prospects in partnership with the broader Value Added Services team and line manager and through application of knowledge and experience.
- To troubleshoot client issues by providing assistance CyberSource prospects, existing clients & the European sales team during presales solutionsation & service delivery phases in partnership with the broader Value Added Services team encompassing the integrated commerce solutions, specific focus on card present services using devices (terminal management), encryption, PCI-DSS, back office management.
- Ability to work independently on customer sites with minimal supervision around the European region
- Demonstrable experience of the eCommerce/Card not present industry with specific emphasis on payments, risk management & payment security or a similar technology service delivery industry
- Demonstrable experience of the card present industry with specific emphasis on payments, encryption security, PCI-DSS compliance, Device Management & deployment and certification
- Experience and deep technical awareness of network and architecture designs of card present processing infrastructure.
- Demonstrable awareness of platform/vendors for deployment with card present processing
- Experience of providing on-going support to tier 2 & 3 type level merchants over prolonged periods of time.
- Demonstrable experience working as a sales engineer in a technical and commercial environment
- Experience of cross functional collaboration between technical, service delivery, support & commercial facing teams.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of intermediary level of programming & scripting skills (Java, PHP, C++/.NET, HTML etc.)
- Strong track record in high customer focus and attention to detail
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Fully fluent in mainstream software applications
for writing, presentation, data management
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Business, Science, Engineering or Computing, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable years of dedicated service delivery/consultancy & presales deployment
around multi-national & global engagements.
- Experience of technical programming for implementation of web service environment across
hosted service platforms
- Experience of conducting certification programs for card present certification of
- Demonstrable awareness of multiple device types/options and their deployment
- Ability to speak a second language would be preferred (e.g. French, German, Spanish)
CyberSource is an equal opportunity employer.