Staff Information Security Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is an individual contributor role, working closely with multiple teams distributed globally. This position requires the candidate to be flexible in the ability to coordinate various responsibilities and duties in order to properly support the various corporate authentication solutions. This position serves as a Staff Information Security Engineer, who can work independently with minimal guidance, as well as closely with multiple teams and teammates in other regions; executing on a wide range of deliverables and ownership of authentication infrastructure and services, common examples would be deployment of new servers and network appliances. Ability to read and understand complex network designs. Operational and engineering support is required for Cisco security appliances (Cisco ISE/ACS) and Windows 2012 hardware. Candidate should have a strong understanding of public key infrastructure, Microsoft certificate authorities. Additional skills would include experience with 802.1X, RADIUS and TACACS, complete solution delivery to work with many different types of endpoints. Candidate should also possess a strong understanding and experience in the following, wired and wireless 802.1X authentication from both server and client perspective. Knowledge of network based ACLs on switching, wired and wireless devices and an advanced understanding of how firewall technologies function.
• Plan and execute changes and updates involving complex Windows engineering tasks
• Plan and execute changes and updates involving complex Cisco Appliance engineering tasks (ISE2.x, ACS5.x)
• Comprehensive understanding of Windows registry, IIS, Apache/Tomcat
• Security Patching on Windows and other solutions
• Familiarity with ITIL concepts
• Work closely with other senior level analyst/team mates as functions are related
• Work closely with other senior level team mates in exercising security best practices across the various authentication products we support
• Maintain high level of technical acumen
• Support for hardware based authenticators (Key Fobs, Smartcards, etc…)
• Provide technical advice and input for the support of integrated security systems and solutions
• Collaborating with other departments, teams for providing best end user experience while managing and minimizing risks to our environment
• Provide third level support for Visa’s global network security and end user authentication technology
• Responsible for Visa BYOD/Guest Wifi environment including process and customer experience
• Monitoring of Incident, Problem and Change Management Queues
• Documentation of procedures on Sharepoint and or Wiki
• Practice of good communication skills within team and organization
• Focus on customer experience
• Other duties as assigned
• 5+ years of experience in knowledge/familiarity of various information security systems
• Professional information security certification (i.e. CISSP, Security +, GIAC, etc.)
• 5+ years system administrative experience on mixed environments
• 5+ years demonstrated competence in a variety of IT concepts, practices and procedures
• 3+ years of enterprise networking
• Knowledge/Familiarity with Networking, Cisco ISE, Cisco ACS, AAA, TACACS and 802.1X concepts
• Solid experience and understanding of scripting languages
• Familiar with ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, and Problem Management
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.