Senior Software Engineer - Network Processing (REF3797H)
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that
Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses
around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™
World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar
on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
What's the job? As part of the Platform and Reliability Engineering Department in the Network Processing organization, you'll be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance, support, tools and automation of Visa's systems, which authorize, clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you'll gain experience collaborating with various
parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system or process where it is needed. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
and influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to define requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support.
- Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology strategy leveraging re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative products.
- Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support as needed.
- 3+ years of software design and development experience.
- Proficiency in at least one of these object-oriented programming languages is a must (C++, Python, Java).
- Experience in C/C++ is a plus.
- Experience in MEAN stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, Angular, NodeJS) and/or C#/.NET are preferred, but
- Willing to work on Windows, Linux and Mainframe.
- Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented Development and Design Patterns.
- Adaptability is a must, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.