Senior Account Executive, Small Ticket Segments
- New York, NY
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one
goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid,
for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common
purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments
technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet
network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency
instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial
inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack
access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s
sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate
teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a
passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world,
Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise
the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency
to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is
everywhere you want to be.
Senior Account Executive, Merchant Sales and Solutions-Americas, is responsible for developing,
maintaining, and executing sales strategies to expand access and increase acceptance for underpenetrated US segments. This position focuses on removing friction that prevents the uses of Visa's products and service offerings into targeted segments, merchants and processors. arrangements. The position will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure appropriate communication flows and sustained business relationships.
The position will require both tactical and strategic responsibilities to determine the most effective way to increase PV and Revenue across assigned segments. Position will have defined KPI's around new acceptance locations secured as well as incremental PV generated from activities.
- Develop and execute customized account and segment plans to increase sales volume and market share in an assigned Emerging Segment ( Examples include Unattended Retail, Charitable Giving, Child Care, Professional Services, Rent, Loan Repayment, Insurance and B2B)
- Directly establish new sales and revenue generating opportunities
Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa acceptance, products and
Establish partnerships with 3rd parties and Acquirers to facilitate expanding access
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contractual relationships
with merchants / processors for accepting and deploying Visa products and
- Maintain segment expertise of assigned segments in order to navigate merchant landscape and
recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing
the Visa business
- Assist marketing and product development in launching new
products or expanding the penetration of existing products within current
and new accounts
- Work closely with Product Management, Interchange,
Compliance and other functions to understand all aspects of acceptance and
products being sold to clients and determine sales messages
- Foster productive relationships at all levels with the
client and the Visa organization
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal
projects as assigned
· Typically requires a minimum of 7 years business experience with related sales and
management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in
· Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred.
· Demonstrated experience with Acquirer and Processor markets
· Strong industry knowledge of POS and eCommerce acceptance solutions.
· Strong knowledge of Operational and IT payment processing environments
· Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a large-scale, complex,
competitive sales effort.
· Proven ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational
decisions for a major segment.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective
relationships with levels including executive management.
· Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross
· Proven ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new
· Demonstrated proficiency in managing & summarizing the financial indicators necessary to
measures business performance including P&L responsibility and accurately
forecasting major sources of cost, revenue and risk.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.