Staff Software Engineer – Issuer Processing
- Highlands Ranch, CO
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Open Systems Application Development. The successful candidate will be part of a team to design and develop REST based APIs and perform unit and integration testing on newly developed components. Candidate will assist with troubleshooting and resolving defects during the software development lifecycle. Candidate will interface directly with staff members of Development, Product Management, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
· Gather and analyze requirements from product owners
· Design and develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems using Java, J2EE and open source technologies
· Understand and adhere to SOA principles utilizing a REST based foundation
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline
· Familiarity with Linux operating system administration
· Some experience designing and developing Java and J2EE applications
· Knowledgeable of common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl etc.
· Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines.
· Service excellence and innovation; create opportunities; consistently think and act 'ahead of the curve.'
· Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough.
· Working knowledge NoSQL DB considered a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.