New Grad - Software Test Engineer (Undergrad)
- Singapore, Singapore
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Imagine working for one of the pioneers in the payment technology space. The kind of company that's been setting the bar for the way people pay and get paid for more than 50 years, and continues to innovate on a global scale. Now imagine that company is less than 10,000 employees worldwide, small enough that you'll actually have an impact and do some amazing things. Sounds pretty awesome. Well, that company exists and it's Visa. Yep, Visa. Imagine, in a single day, the diversity of transactions that Visa manages from gaming enthusiasts who buy virtual goods to advance a level, to a small business merchant launching their first ecommerce business to a large consumer brand hitting their largest single-day sale. Now multiply transactions and interactions like that by millions on a global scale - that's Visa. It is a multi-billion dollar market that has experienced year over year growth!
As a New Grad - Software Test Engineer, you will work side by side with a highly energetic and seasoned group of developers and business partners in an Agile environment. In this role, you will play an important part in software development stories from their inception to coding and testing ensuring the highest quality of software and architecture. The Software Test Engineer provides detailed input into the definition of standards and policies for software development and system integration testing; must embrace teamwork and promote a culture of openness and flexibility with his/her business partners and the extended team.
Some things you might work on as a New Grad - Software Test Engineer are:
- Design and implement manual and automated test cases utilizing Fitnesse, Selenium, C#
- Support overall testing lifecycle (upstream and downstream) as part of the testing team assigned to development and integration projects
- Provide testing framework to ensure individual projects are in compliance with standards and practices
- Provide insight, IIT requirements into testing standards development and evolution
- Ensures overall quality standards are incorporated into test plans
So what are we looking for in a New Grad - Software Test Engineer (Undergrad)?
- Recent college graduates looking to start working in 2017/2018
- Pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field
- Ability to code in one of the following languages: C#, C++, or Java
- Java / J2EE and Cucumber / Ruby / Selenium experience
- Understanding of web services and testing using automation tools such SoapUI and SOATest
- Understanding of database query tools and ability to write and run queries for data validation
- Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts and complex queries
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven and resourceful