Senior Financial Analyst – Internal Controls & Revenue Audit (LAC)
- Miami, FL
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s ponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Principal Responsibilities / Key Results Area
The responsibilities of the Senior Financial Analyst will include the following:
-> Internal Controls
1) Execute data analysis and targeted sample testing to identify policy compliance issues, unusual trends and activities across multiple financial transactions including, Revenue, T&E, procure-to-pay, high risk vendors programs, client contract management, general ledger etc;
2) Work with Country Controllers to investigate and analyze potential anomalies, and to assess compliance with policies and procedures;
3) Work with local and regional stakeholders, to address issues identified, and to support immediate and longer-term solutions. For example, work with stakeholders throughout the organization to provide input on procedures which do not currently exist;
4) In collaboration with the Country Controllers, share the testing results with Country Managers, external auditors and Senior Leadership to provide a current state of the local and/or global control environment;
5) Provide feedback to centralized Data Analytics team on improvements to existing queries and suggestions for new scripts to be performed;
6) Act as a driver of continuous improvement and innovation of the controls environment. Use direct experience, external benchmarking and knowledge of regulatory expectations to support the management’s stated goal of developing a strong industry leading controls function;
7) Serve as local subject matter expert on thedesign and testing of internal controls over higher risk processes:
a) Complete ongoing risk monitoring andassessment, and play a key role in the development of testing strategies and assessment of the controls environment across the region;
b) Collaborate with global Internal Controls team to feedback trends, themes and effectiveness of test approach, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the process;
c) Taylor the controls and Internal Controls framework to address the specific needs and risks at an individual country level;
d) Drive efficiencies by seeking opportunities for centralization, globalization and automation.
-> Revenue Audit
1) Perform engagement planning activities including:
a) Scheduling audits with selected client and communication audit process, timeline and requirements;
b) Analysis and interpretation of historical financial, operational and transactional data by quarter, product and member using data mining and database query tools including preparation audit workpapers;
c) Internal and External data reconciliations (between transaction record systems and from Visa records
to client information);
d) Client Incentive contract analysis, review and reconciliation of contract performance, payments and milestones including coordination with the CI team as applicable;
2) Perform audit fieldwork activities including:
a) Complete all steps in the Revenue Audit Program and continually apply sound judgment and testing methods to ensure professional standards are satisfied;
b) Obtain sufficient and relevant evidence to support the audit findings, conclusions and recommendations;
c) Maintain detailed workpaper records of assumptions, methodologies and information sources utilized during the performance of all analytical tasks and audit work steps;
d) Document the audit findings and agreed action plans for inclusion in the audit report;
e) Take responsibility for identified issues including additional research, discussion with the audit team and client, development of practical solutions, documentation and calculation of the respective fee adjustments.
3)Perform audit completion activities including:
a) Draft the audit report for review by the Revenue Audit Director(s);
b) Present the final audit report to the client;
c) Monitor and ensure closure of applicable audit issues and work with the Operating Certificate and/or CI teams to calculate and collect / refund any revenue audit adjustments.
4) Support the day to day Revenue Audit activities including:
a) Interact with client personnel, Revenue Audit team members and other Visa staff;
b) Develop subject matter expertise relevant to the Operating Certificates, associated service fees, Client Incentive contracts and applicable Visa processes, systems and controls;
c) Maintain a controls frame of mind and promote an understanding of risks and appropriate internal controls;
d) Apply sound judgment and test methods to ensure professional standards are satisfied;
e) Assistance with adhoc project requests or tasks;
f) Stay informed of general business / regulatory developments and their impact on Visa and the Revenue Audit function.
Strategic Nature, Management, Accountability and Scope
- Results of the work performed by the SFA will be shared with external and internal business partners such as clients, central Internal Controls team, regional Controllers, Business Operations teams, Senior Account Executives and Country Leadership.
- Ultimately, results of the work performed by the Internal Controls and Revenue Audit teams may be shared with senior management, the audit committee and external auditors as applicable.
Decision Making and Complexity
- This position requires interaction with business owners and senior management across the region. The individual is expected to use sound discretion and professional judgment when interacting with business owners, senior management, external auditors and Visa Members.
- This position should at all times make decisions on what will be most beneficial to the company, strive for an optimum balance between the benefits and cost of implementing and executing controls.
Financial and Organizational Scope
Ability to work with cross-functional teams outside of United States.
Reporting Relationships and Interactions
- This position will be located in Miami and will report to the Director -Internal Controls.
- Work extensively in a team environment and provide direction to assist other members in cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor;
- Detail oriented and be able to work well under pressure and accustomed to project work to produce high quality and/or final work product nder strict deadlines;
- Card payment infrastructure and/or merchant operations experience;
- Excellent business and communication skills with the ability to focus on the big picture, understand key priorities, communicate clearly and concisely, and bring business acumen to leading the Internal Controls and Revenue audit functions;
- Strong controls, compliance and auditing background particularly finance, compliance, contract, IT and performance audits and extensive data analysis skills and an aptitude for understanding, interpretation and
- Track record in issues prioritization, effective conflict resolution and execution;
- Creative, self-starter, quick thinker and dedicated individual who is eager to put his/her stamp on this job role;
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across regional and/or functional lines;
- Flexibility in schedule and for travel;
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree;
- Years of Experience: More than 5 years of experience required;
- Experience in Internal Audit function is required; previous experience in a Big 4 firm is desired;
- Ability to adapt quickly in handling multiple / evolving tasks and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be motivated, hard-working and team oriented;
- Ability to produce high quality and/or final work product under strict deadlines;
- Fluency in English and Spanish language are required. Portuguese is desired;
- Certifications: CISA / CIA / CPA preferred;
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.