System Analyst - Application Support
- Austin, TX
We are seeking a System Analyst to work in the Distributed Operations Support Team. The candidate will be responsible for managing, maintaining and day to day care and feed of mission critical 24*7 applications. You'll be working in a face-paced environment and will be a liaison between the Product Office and Product Development. You will also be working closely with infrastructure, security and other teams as required. Responsibilities would include:
- Responsible for supporting critical Visa Business applications and ensuring the stability of the applications.
- Perform proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, and perform root cause analysis and remediation.
- Write and maintain scripts to monitor system functionality and performance.
- Apply code and operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities
- Will evaluate the issues reported by Visa clients and members in order to provide ongoing solutions.
- Performance performance tuning of applications
- Execute decisive action to preserve and maintain service availability, performance, integrity, capacity, and security.
- Participate in root causes analysis for service failure and provide resolution.
- Work with ticketing application to manage tickets and maintain SLA and OLA
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related technical field, followed by five (5) years of work experience.
- Knowledge of production support processes, including incident/change/problem management.
- SOAP and REST Based Web service experience
- 2 years of experience with WebSphere, TCServer, Apache Web Servers, MVC framework, IIS, and IBM-IHSweb server.
- 1 year of experience with file transfer protocols, either: FTP, SFTP, or Connect Direct;
- Experience with UNIX and Windows OS.
- Advance Database Experience with SQL skills (DB2, MSSQL, MySQL)
- Application server/Web server.
- 2 years of experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team;
- Software Versioning Tool Experience.
- Experience with Splunk, Nagios, Munin or Cacti
- Experience with Card and transaction domains.
- Experience with ITIL and Service Management Tool like Service-Now or Remedy
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.