Staff Software Engineer (REF2915I) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Visa Checkout Open Platform provides industry standard solution for Issuers, Wallet Provider, Merchants providing digital payment solutions while driving the best-in-class consumer experience.
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the VISA Checkout Open Platform digital services components. Be able to coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale technology initiatives.
The role is a self-organized Staff Software Engineer with solid JAVA, J2EE, E-COMMERCE and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code in three to five week sprints. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Foster City, CA and will report to the Director of Product Development.
- Engage in technical design of solution that is based on use cases and business requirements
- Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- Manage the creation of detail design and use case documents
- Effectively interact with internal teams to develop solutions to complex technical issues on highly visible business opportunities
- Analyze current solution architecture & design and propose solutions that increase business value, optimize performance and enhance quality
- Developing best practices, guidelines, standards and procedures
- Communicate and present complex technical concepts for peer
- Mentoring other developers
- Ensures inclusion of Visa’s business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa’s business
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred
- Typically requires 8+ years of experience in application services development for large scale systems
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY)
- Experience programming in Java, J2EE
- Experience programming using Spring Framework and writing RESTful and SOAP services
- Solid understanding of database technologies and SQL.
- Preferred Experience in payments integration and / or online e-commerce shopping and / or Payment gateways.
- Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
- Creating code with Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills with an ability to develop relationships with key partners
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.