Senior Software Engineer, EMV Solutions (REF3096R) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's EMV Solutions team operates as part of the company's Digital and Mobile Product Development group. EMV Solutions team develops and maintains Visa’s secure software on payment chip card, NFC mobile phone, contactless wearable device, IoT device and cloud.
The senior software engineer will work with team members and other stakeholders of projects, to fulfil his/her responsivities and go beyond.
- Develop the secure payment software on contact, contactless chip card and mobile products to ensure compliance with Visa specifications
- Maintain and enhance existing secure payment software
- Innovate and create proof-of-concept for new form factors and platforms of secure payment products
- Provide support to Business Development team, Global Product team and Regional team on the secure payment products
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering (or equivalent work
experience) will be required
- Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology including, but not limited, to Java, Python, .NET, C++.
- 3-5+ years of software development experience is required
- Self-starter and ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Strong results-oriented team member; Analytic and fact-based consultative discipline.
- Possess good verbal/written communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who have working experience with knowledge of:
- Android Development
- Cryptography (TDES, RSA, AES, ECC)
- Embedded Software Development
- EMVCo and/or GlobalPlatform specifications
- ISO 7816 and ISO 14443 standards
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.