Senior System Engineer
- Singapore, Singapore
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Global Endpoint Operations manage the Endpoint Systems that connect the Visa’s Client globally to VisaNet for transaction processing, clearing and settlement. The team is responsible for all technical aspects of the endpoint lifecycle from project initialization, system installation and maintenance, operational support to system disconnection. The engineer is responsible for project management and implementation of endpoint projects, working with global clients, vendors and Visa Internal team to expand access of Visa products and services globally.
- Provide project management, technical advice and support to Visa’s Client institutions and processors to ensure customers expectation are exceeded.
- Discipline in detailed documentation and reporting of projects plan, project status and issue logs. Timely and accurate updating of Project Tracking System records and maintaining Global Inventory records.
- Create and test implementation scripts for vendor’s field engineers and support team for installation and activation
- Perform remote system Installation with on-site vendor engineer support, configuration and lockdown of Visa Endpoint servers.
- Proactively work with Global Support groups and/or client or vendors to provide flexible and nimble solution for client issues and resolve system problems quickly
- Timely escalation of critical situations and any likely project risk that can impact project delivery scheduled to Manager and 3rd Level support team
- Ensure that all server deployment follow Visa security guidelines and report any non-compliance.
- Able to communicate and work cordially in global team with teammate from different culture and in time zone.
- Work closely with both Support and Project team to ensure best-in-class delivery of solutions and support to Visa client.
- Ensure all incidents and changes are in compliance to ITIL and operation policy
- Ensure that all servers going into productions are locked down and meet operational acceptance criteria
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
- Red Hat Certification System Administrator / Engineer
- ITIL Practitioner
- Shell Scripting
- Understand XML, JASON and XSLT
- Encryption Security Technology like TLS and IPSEC
- 3 Year Working Experience in IT Operations and Project Delivery
- Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the
least amount of impact and downtime
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Must exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment under minimum supervision
- Ability to assess and analyze technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Ability to write and speak in a second language Japanese or Spanish will be an advantage
- Meticulous and experience in supporting critical system
- A keen interest to learn new skills and technology through online resource.
- Project Coordination Experience