Staff Voice Engineer - Unified Communication
- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Corporate IT has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are
transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put
customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are
consolidating several of our operational functions into a single area focused on
providing world class operational support to our end users. Additionally, we are
moving our engineering teams into a new organization, leveraging a DevOps
mindset, focused on delivering projects\solutions in a more efficient manner.
This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering support for
the services we're responsible for. As a member of the End User Technology team,
the Staff Network Engineering position is responsible for ensuring our end users
receive the best Voice and Video experience possible. The successful candidate
will work with a dynamic and evolving global team that is driving the charge to
ensure that Visa is not only the best way to pay but also the best place to work
with state of the art end user technology and solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Unified Communication, this role
provides engineering support to our global users, for Voice and Video related
services. The successful candidate will work with our existing Cisco and
Audiocodes based telephony gateways, our Cisco Telepresence Video solution and
our emerging Unified Communication solutions for integrated voice, video and
instant messaging (Skype for Business). The successful candidate will also
manage the voice infrastructure associated with the call center. Given the
desire to hire fungible resources who can provide more than base level
engineering support for VOIP and other voice\video solutions, the candidate will
need to have experience developing solutions that improved the overall end user
experience. This may be accomplished thru development of new solutions and\or
leveraging API's of our existing tools to work ourselves away from poor
solutions. The candidate will collaborate with engineering, operations and
development teams to ensure that the end user experience is exceptional.
Eliminating repeat incidents and avoidable issues, while ensuring 100% uptime,
with properly designed solutions. The desire is to evolve these resources to be
able to provide engineering input, strategic guidance, architectural design and
various other services.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Engineering and second level support for recommending
and configuring new international toll free services on AT&T Route It.
- Preparing sizing estimates to the product teams when new
call center offerings are being considered.
- Work extensively with the carriers to keep current with
their feature offerings and pricing.
- Interface with the carriers to understand what their
capabilities and limitations are.
- Understand what our Audio Codes gateways can do and how
best to fit them into our call center environments and regional offices for
- Perform Engineering and 2nd level support for AudioCode
Gateways, Cisco Unified Call Manager and Cisco CME/SRSTGateways. Including, but
not limited to, designing fit for purpose solutions with tools like Acano and
- Provide third level support through online ticket
system; escalate issues for resolution as appropriate.
- Ability to perform end-to-end troubleshooting for voice,
video and UC systems.
- Communicate and liaise with all other Company
departments; notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may
affect efficient operations including, but not limited to, outages, service
disruptions, and repeated customer complaints.
- Thinking outside the box and develop creative
- Deep Familiarity on LAN/WAN topologies, protocols,
cabling and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with Skype for Business and Unified
- Knowledge on QoS standards and policies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio for system diagrams and
documentation of responsible architectures.
- The ability to communicate effectively while working
with internal and external customers.
- Ability to Multi-task and work with minimum supervision
and be self-motivated is required.
- An enthusiastic positive attitude towards working in a
- Interface with customers to gather appropriate details
for communications designs.
- Available 24/7 for 3rd level support.
- Assist internal customers in a professional and service
- Assist other members of team to complete assignments to
meet goals and objectives.
- Perform related duties, as needed.
- Proven engineering, documentation and troubleshooting
capabilities and thought processes.
Minimum 6 years' work experience with Unified Enterprise Systems, in room Video and
Telepresence enterprise, Skype for Business, with focus in the areas listed
- Tier 1-3 on Audiocodes, Cisco Call Manager and Unity
with experience in deep configurations.
- Lync\Skype for Business design\configuration\use within
a Medium to large company.
- Good oral and written communication skills, good
investigative and customer service skills.
- Flexible with processes and the opportunity to create
- Willingness to enhance knowledge and mentor Operational
- College degree in relevant field preferred, but not
- CCNA Collaboration experience.
- Strong Voice\Video\Telecommunication technical skills
are mandatory, with exposure\experience with PC\Workstation and call center
experience as a secondary skillset.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.