Manager, Global Learning Operations
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Imagine yourself as part of a team that is transforming the learning culture of Visa. Over the last 2 years Visa University has built a digital learning campus, accessible by over 14,000 global employees, and two physical learning campuses… and we’re still only just getting started. You’ll play a key role in managing the day-to-day operations of our team’s efforts and in helping demonstrate the impact of the Visa University team worldwide.
This is an incredible opportunity to shape some of the most highly visible initiatives inside one of the world’s most valuable brands. The opportunity will allow you to be creative, strategic and impactful. It will also test your ability to thrive under the pressure of intense expectations and a multitude of critical stakeholders, and ultimately be a rock star in a company where industry leadership is the norm.
About You: Mindset and Attitude
• You are passionate about ‘running learning as a business’ and are a master at keeping on top of the diverse operational needs of a learning team such as budget, vendor management, reports, and scheduling etc.
• You keep the creation of an exceptional learner experience front-and-center in everything you do.
• You are curious and broad in your orientation: you are tuned-in to the effective processes needed to thrive in the business environment in which you operate.
• You are resilient and flexible – you perceive false starts, changing priorities and constructive feedback as opportunities, not setbacks.
• You are comfortable operating in both the strategic and the tactical and can constantly switch between the two.
• You have a global mindset – you take genuine interest in other cultures, do not suffer from “HQ syndrome”, and embrace the need to operate with cultural norms and in time zones other than your own.
• You are action and results driven and adept at dealing with ambiguity.
• You are a team player: skilled at developing relationships across levels and geographies, enthusiastic to roll up your sleeves, and willing to pitch in where necessary.
About Us: Visa University
• Visa University is an integral part of life at Visa where every employee, regardless of level and location, has access to a wealth of learning resources to grow themselves as well as their impact within the organization.
• We are a startup within a large, global organization.
• We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners.
• We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense for what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
If you like what you see so far and think you’re a fit – keep reading. You are almost there.
1. Budget – Spend, Vendors, Agreements: You will manage the Visa University budget and lead the team through the milestones of the annual operating plan, ensuring the team adheres to forecast spends. You’ll manage vendor relationships and partner with sourcing to set MSAs and ensure there is quality across programs/products, and discounts if we meet volume thresholds.
2. Calendar: You will partner with key stakeholders to coordinate the Visa University global training calendar. The calendar impacts utilization rates, budget, class-fill targets etc. You will monitor these and adjust plans based on the insight you find to ensure that we deliver an exceptional learning experience where the business needs it while simultaneously ensuring we continue to meet our corporate targets and keep our physical learning campuses full.
3. Tools & Processes: You will maintain and enhance tools & processes that support efficient operations of our team and our campuses. This includes tools such as home-grown SharePoint sites and spreadsheets that manage booking, capacity planning, instructor utilization etc. You will identify and implement solutions to rationalize and automate data, charts, and messages across SharePoint lists, spreadsheets, and registration emails etc.
4. Collaboration & Reports: You will manage weekly leadership team calls, monthly all-team meetings, and bi-annual team development days. You will coordinate events such as bi-annual summits and bi-weekly calls with other learning groups. You will gather data for and publish weekly and monthly updates that inform senior business executives of our progress against key initiatives. You will ensure the data accuracy of all our reports - attendance, budgets, utilization, evaluation results etc.
About You: Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor's degree in learning, organizational development, finance or related study
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in learning and development operations or equivalent in a corporate environment
• Track record of specializing in budgets and vendor management within a broader understanding of the entire L&D function; skill at synthesizing input from a variety of sources and making informed recommendations.
• Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience developing fit-for-purpose dashboards.
• Experience with managing data in and around the learning function.
• Strong project management skills to lead a concept from inception to execution.
• Poise at engaging and developing collaborative, productive relationships with business and HR stakeholders alike.
• Strong written and oral communication skills: polish in, and experience with, presentations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.