Security Analyst, Cyber Engineering
- Ashburn, VA
This candidate will join Global Information Security and will be
responsible for development and implementation of the Cyber Security
Engineering program. Manage state of the art detection tools used by highly
trained analysts, as well as ensuring integrity and completeness of the data
Work on the platforms used in the Perimeter of the network including Firewalls, WAFs, DDoS, Proxies in a lab environment and support basic engineering needs in the field.
Participate in technology testing to support product version and
major change events as assigned by Cyber Security Engineering teammates.
Develop automation scripts/programs as needed to facilitate testing.
• Help manage and maintain inventory and supporting information
in the Visa Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) for all the
Applications/Tools owned by Cyber Security Engineering.
• Manage and facilitate the tasks for order receipt and physical
deployments of security devices and appliances owned by Cyber Security
Engineering as assigned by the Application Technical Contacts (Owning
Help develop operational processes and procedures to enhance and
improve team’s management of operational responsibilities (Patching, TSR
remediation, Remedy queue, etc.)
• Work closely with other network and security teams within
Visa, maintaining up to the minute information about the underlying network and
security requirements to make sure the security tool deployments are operating
• Maintain active understanding of industry practices for threat
analytics and incident response.
• Provide engineering support from the proof of concept phase to
deployment and sustained engineering for multiple security detection and
alerting tools, including:
- Distributed Denial of Service Protection (DDoS)
- Web Application Firewalls
- Cloud Security
• Experience with technology, information
security, and/or network administration
• Understanding of networks, security, and cloud.
• Operational knowledge of systems,
network security engineering best practices.
• Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest issues
encountered and recommend an appropriate solution
• Experience in using scripting languages automate tasks and manipulate data.
Programming experience is a plus
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.