Director, Risk and Authentication Products
- Bellevue, WA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director is a hands-on technical product management role, focused on the delivery of high-value products in an agile, market driven environment. The Director will work closely with other members of the Risk and Authentication Product team, Global Services Technology leadership and agile project teams to ensure clarity of vision, requirements and objectives for global risk products.
The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to balance business, technical and people skills and the ability to multi-task
across complex projects and diverse solution teams.
Bellevue, WA location preferred, but candidate may be based in Foster City, CA.
- Help develop market requirements and product roadmap for core risk products, such as Visa Risk Manager and Mobile Location Confirmation
- Coordinate scope and timing of product deliverables across product and technology teams to ensure product messaging and product delivery are in sync
- Create user stories for business and functional requirements, with sufficient clarity for technology team to build to
- Actively participate as product owner in Global Technology software development agile project teams throughout the entire product development lifecycle to ensure products are delivered on time, on quality, on specification and on budget
- Partner with Visa Developer Program, client support services and product support teams to ensure seamless experience for clients integration to risk platforms
- Participate in technical architecture and detailed design reviews to ensure platform architectures support long-term product strategy and vision
- Participate in evaluation of new technology and product opportunities, partnering with internal product research and engineering teams as well as third party technology companies
- Provide pre-sales technical support and post-sales engineering support for new clients integrating to Visa web services exposed through Visa Developer Platform, including providing overview of service capabilities, reviews of proposed client integration architecture designs, support client implementation of platform APIs and SDKs, validation of test coverage and post-production validation of client integration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or commensurate work experience
- 10+ years of experience in technical product management, technical project management or software engineering lead position (or combination thereof)
- 5+ years of experience working on technology platform projects
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communication skills to effectively partner, influence and instill confidence with stakeholders across all functional teams
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of commercial development experience on enterprise-class solutions
- Demonstrated experience designing (and ideally building) mobile app solutions with rich user experiences that expose and consume web services using Java technology (ideally RESTful web services, iOS or Android) desired, but not required
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience in financial services and payments desired, but not required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.