Senior Product Manager- New Product Development
- San Francisco, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The role of Senior Product Manager in the New Product Development group will manage emerging digital risk products, develop enhancements to these products, and develop new offerings in the risk and authentication space. The Senior Product Manager will assess global market trends, evaluate potential product opportunities, develop product proposals, and recommend market entry strategies. He/she will contribute to the product vision and delivery, including managing functional requirements, feature prioritization, and product operations. He/she will also partner with internal groups to evaluate and articulate the value/business proposition of new products and will also train and be highly consultative to Visa’s client facing teams and regional product leads on the best way for clients to take advantage of new products.
He/she will be a key member of Visa Transaction Controls (VTC) team, a product that empowers an issuer’s mobile app to be the command control center for managing payments. With VTC, issuers can give their cardholders the ability to set blocks and alerts on their cards and/or digital accounts via issuer’s mobile banking app or online website. As this product has already launched, commercialization will be the main area of focus including global pricing analysis, channel management, global client engagement, enhancement prioritization / management, commercialization progress tracking, and ensuring operational excellence (e.g. billing and reporting).
- Focus on Results – Holds self and others accountable for outcomes
- Focus on Solutions – Connects people and information across the organization to leverage the best of Visa’s technologies and expertise
- Influence Others - Effectively negotiates outcomes that benefit Visa and Clients
- Communication - Strong communication, presentation, and relationship building skills
- Dependability - Consistently follows through on commitments to build trust with clients and internal stakeholders
- Balance Analysis and Action – Takes action without excessive consultation or guidance
- Lead Change – Initiates and facilitates appropriate product enhancements or modifications to drive global product growth
- Inspire Others – Convey a vision of the future that generates excitement and commitment
- Executive Presence – able to command attention and respect of senior executives through a confident and professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree desirable
- 5+ years of experience working in product management or management consulting, with experience and knowledge of payment authentication a strong plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build connections with internal Visa teams and clients
- Ability to transform business ideas into detailed requirements that enable technology teams to deliver new products or product enhancements based on business needs.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write product documentation detailing product features and business rules
- Adept at managing projects with multiple work streams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate outside-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
- Ability to excel in a large organization by finding solutions that meets the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to create and influence strategy
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.