Staff Systems Engineer
- Singapore, Singapore
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and implementing various technologies and tools to optimize Visa’s Software Configuration Management tools and support infrastructure for scalability and efficiency. Key responsibilities include:
- Implement and support Continuous Integration environments with tools such as Jenkins
- Provide administrative and user support for Enterprise Cloubees Jenkins, ArtifactoyPro, Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket and Confluence
- Provide support for internal development teams to design and implement automated build scripts with tools such as Ant/Perl/Shell Scripting/Maven/Groovy
- Discover and capitalize on automation opportunities that provide business value and reduce administrate overhead. This involves hands-on creation of applications/tools using various programming languages, e.g. Python, Ruby, .NET.
- Provide and support a standard enterprise wide SCM infrastructure, including coordinating and testing OS level patches and troubleshooting on Windows/LINUX platforms
- Monitor progress on projects and provides technical direction as needed.
- Support complex technical issues in an interop production environment including on call responsibilities outside of normal business hours
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
The position also includes interfacing with other teams to collaboratively implement and improve SCM solutions that adhere to Visa Key Control policies. Successful candidate requires the ability to multi-task and adapt to a continuously changing and complex environment.
- 6 years experience working in the capacity of a devops role, build/release engineer, or any other software development related job
- Working knowledge/experience with continuous integration tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Good knowledge of Software Configuration Management best practices and procedures
- Hands-on experience with server setup/maintenance for both Linux and Windows platforms, including but not limited to installing software/patches, security hardening, storage/network troubleshooting etc
- Experience in using Python/Shell Scripting/Powershell/Groovy, or any scripting language
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
Highly Preferable skills include:
- Experience with Atlassian products, e.g. Bitbucket, JIRA, Fisheye etc
- Experience with source code management tools - TFS, SVN and git
- Experience with Java or .NET programming languages
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana (ELK)