Staff Release Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We dream of a future where it’s easy to pay and be paid. Across the planet. Where ever. Whenever. Securely. Easily. We have a great toolbox of leadership technologies under the Cybersource and Authorize.net product lines. Together, we are building leading edge full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems. We are looking for a talented Build & Release Engineer to join our team!
The Staff Release Engineer will be responsible for ensuring reproducibility, auditability and traceability of our deliverables. The team maintains the systems and owns related processes to ensure high quality of delivery standards. The Staff Release Engineer will handle the daily responsibilities supporting the release needs of agile scrum teams at Visa’s Merchant and Acquirer Processing Division. These tasks include configuration identification, change management, build and release management, version control, and source code auditing/reporting, environment support and troubleshooting. The Release Engineer will establish working relationships with one or more teams, providing assistance through the development cycle for any required changes to the build/release/version-control processes required to get a product released into test and production environments
- Lead the App Services Engineering strategic efforts –
working on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure,
middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks.
- Provide third level technical support to technical
teams within Visa to support the implementation of modifications and/or
- Support the implementation of new programs and
subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis to address
routine to moderately complex reporting issues with accuracy or
- Responsible for daily activities of QA Test Lab. This
will include but not be limited to creating test environments on physical
and virtual platforms; troubleshooting OS and third party application
issues; deploying, installing, configuring proprietary software;
monitoring hardware usage and performance as it applies to the
environments; and assisting in gathering of metrics to forecast
future growth needs.
- Will operate as a technical expert on
infrastructure projects pertaining to virtualization, systems management,
design and architecture. Perform performance analysis and optimization,
monitoring and problem resolution, upgrade planning and execution, and
process creation and documentation.
- Responsible for analyzing workloads and application
inventories to determine optimal utilization patterns. Analyze and
work to ensure infrastructure technologies are adequately tested and
integrated with other Infrastructure and Application Services. Build and
manage development, test, integration, performance and stage environments.
- Define and evolve Build & Release best practice by
working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best
practices should support traceability & auditability of change.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools
supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control,
Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Lead cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation
of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer
productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate
autonomous delivery teams.
- 6+ years of hands on experience in software industry in
infrastructure and Devops.
- Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps
tools and automation framework
- Responsible for provisioning and supporting engineering
application/environment; focusing on faster provisioning, reliability and
- Knowledge on Source Control Tools such as GIT,
- Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages:
Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- Working experience in cloud computing, PaaS, IaaS, and
related areas are highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Chef & Docker highly preferred
- Experience on Enterprise High Availability Platforms
- Knowledge and experience with Linux OS
- Should have working experience with monitoring tools
like Zabbix, OPNET, and/or SPLUNK, or any other monitoring
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Strong Automation and Problem solving skills and
ability to follow through to completion