Director – US Digital Deployment
- San Francisco, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world.
Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As part of the Global Product the US Digital Deployment team, the Director will play a critical role by bringing Visa’s digital products on-line with key strategic clients. This person will be responsible for a set of digital issuer relationships and will determine the tactics to sell-in strategic solutions to that particular issuer set. They will also act as the utmost subject matter expert on top priority digital products while working closely with internal partners such as: Product, Sales, Legal, Operations, Marketing and Communications. A deep understanding of the 4-party model is imperative. Visa is looking for self-starters that are thought leaders with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
Serve as a Digital “Subject Matter Expert” by managing a set of issuer relationships.
Develop the issuer sales strategy, roadmap and integration plan while also assisting with marketing plans, developing best practices, conducting competitive analysis, negotiating contracts, etc.
Lead communication and collaboration between the product office, Account Executives and technology partners.
Work with a cross-functional digital leadership team to develop c-level presentations and business cases.
Set the overall issuer strategy to achieve top product objectives
Lead critical analysis and diagnosis of the issuer’s digital portfolio performance while identifying new business opportunities and areas for optimization.
Represent Visa as a Digital SME in select client forums and engagements.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Get results that have a clear, positive and direct impact on business performance
- Strong project management skills and business acumen
- Ability to influence strategy while driving tactical program execution
- A self-starter with a bias towards action
- Consultative Selling / Relationship Manager
- Create and own in depth relationships based on trust and value-added delivery across client’s organization. Be a trusted partner to the clients.
- Possess significant functional knowledge, including software development, marketing, sales, legal, etc.
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to strongly influence and direct others at all levels
- Proven track record of high performance and recognized as a subject matter expert in business areas or products
- Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Creative thinker with a positive attitude
- 15+ years of experience, including 5+ year of experience in product management, project management, and/or management consulting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as listening skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Technology industry experience preferred
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge is a plus
- International experience a plus
- B.A./B.S. required; MBA preferred
- Willingness to travel (less than 20% of the time)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.