Customer Service Associate (Portuguse & French)
- Miami, Florida
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Very few companies can offer its employees the global reach that Visa does. That’s the power of Visa’s “My everywhere” – a big brand with limitless possibilities. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Visa was recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and Fortune magazine highlighted us as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Everything we do is driven by our leadership principles: Lead by Example, Communicate Openly, Enable and Inspire, Excel with Partners, Act Decisively, and Collaborate.
The Customer Service Associate will be part of our World-Class Customer Support team where you will be responsible for supporting card holders’s needs on a variety of Visa products via inbound phone calls. You will complete work according to well-defined policies and procedures while delivering a positive customer interaction. We look for individuals who enjoy working in an environment that is as fun as it is challenging and can ensure that our customers receive world-class service.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate consistent, reliable attendance by showing up for work as scheduled with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Respond to incoming customer requests quickly, proficiently and professionally while meeting specific quality expectations.
- Actively listen and probe to determine the nature of each call and determine the appropriate action(s) to complete the call.
- Multi-task across several computer programs to respond to customer inquiries.
- Utilize all tools to properly support, action and document all related questions and needs.
- Accurately update and maintain cardholder data in appropriate databases.
- Collaborate with peers to help cardholders; provide thought-leadership; and inspire both customers and peers in a diverse business environment.
- Compliance to Key Control and other policies, including maintaining confidentiality in our secure environment.
- Paid 5 week training to start on November 27, 2017
- Full schedule availability is required.
- You must successfully complete a training program, including classroom instruction, computer-based lessons, instructor-led activities and on-the-job training.
- Employees attending training are expected to meet Visa’s established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
- Direct hire (not contract) set schedules determined at the time of offer. Hours of operation are between 24 hours / 7 days a week.
- Our customers rely on us to be available to meet their needs every day, including weekends and holidays.
- We offer 8 hour shifts / 5 days per week which includes either a Saturday or Sunday shift and another day off during the week.
- You’ll earn holiday pay when you work on a Visa holiday (10 holidays per year)
- Must have punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
- Customer service experience required; Prior experience in contact center, financial industry or ecommerce environments is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service based on the customer’s needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, customer orientation, team interaction, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required.
- Requires efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer experience within Windows environment as well as ability to navigate the internet, utilize computer shortcut functions, and navigate through multiple program platforms.
- MUST SPEAK FLUENT ENGLISH AND (Portuguese, Spanish or French)
What you get for working at Visa:
- Fun, rewarding work environment with on-site cafeteria, unlimited beverages, gym, game room and free parking.
- Competitive base pay along with quarterly bonuses that are based on maintaining attendance, schedule adherence, and quality plus shift and language differentials if applicable.
- You could be eligible for your first raise in as little as 6 months
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance from day 1.
- 401(k) with a company match, also from day 1 (You put in $1.00, we put in $2.00).
- Generous paid time off (21 days to start)
- Education Assistance, Adoption Assistance, and Commuter Assistance.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.