Staff QA Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO
The successful candidate will be part of a global team to design and develop Test designs and Test cases for the Issuer processing Quality Assurance Organization. Perform Functional and Automation testing for Debit Processing Services applications. Should have detailed analytical skills and good understanding of the test methodologies and be able to interface directly and take decisions with staff members of Quality Assurance, Product Management, Project Management, and Development.
* Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple Debit applications with a focus on the Tandem platform.
* Perform regression testing with each maintenance release in assigned area.
* Identify and document software defects in a clear manner and retest using corrected code to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
* Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with development as required.
* Act as a Subject Matter Expert for DPS Core applications as assigned
* Function as a technical lead on assigned projects.
* Oversee and coordinate testing by offshore teams.
* Update regression test cases with each product enhancement.
* Design, document and track test cases in Quality Center.
* Produce metrics for projects as required by Project Management and/or QA Management
* Identify opportunities for process and system improvements and efficiencies.
* Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork.
* Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of testing deliverables.
* Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline required; advanced degree a plus.
* 8 or more years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience.
* Strong Tandem and Falcon skills
* General business knowledge of financial systems and EFT
* 4 or more years of testing background
* Card Processing background
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
* Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time
* Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support peers both onshore and offshore
* Demonstrated ability to communicate advanced technical issues both verbally and written to technical staff and management.
* Must be able to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines.
* Able to make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines.
* Collaborative, team oriented style.
* Ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills.
Good skills in Java and Selenium experience will be a plus to this role