Senior Director – Open VisaNet, Infrastructure Platform and Performance Engineering - REF3466Q
- Foster City, CA, USA
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet payment processing core, that will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost-effective distributed applications on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa’s Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from proprietary hardware systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects
Reporting to VP of Open VisaNet Engineering, the Senior Director for platform and infrastructure engineering will be responsible for building and developing critical infrastructure platform services for the Open VisaNet solution. This role will be responsible building PAAS infrastructure for a mission-critical high-volume low-latency platform.
This role is a hands-on technology leader role with experience in building/enhancing Open Source technologies that function as the core application infrastructure (Databases and data pipeline layers). S/he will have to closely work with teams in other locations in executing a shared strategic vision for a mission-critical high-volume low-latency platform that enables core Visa Payments processing.
- Accountable for developing and building highly scalable PAAS infrastructure for near real-time and high-throughput payment processing system.
- Build a platform infrastructure that supports a high TPS (thousands of messages per second) with low-latency and five 9 availability. Build platform layer using distributed technologies that serve as the foundation layer for all business applications and expose consistent set of behavior and capabilities
- Build and scale persistence data tier using distributed shared nothing technologies such as Cassandra, Hbase, Redis. Build robust set of ecosystem on top of such technologies that enable data tier services for low-latency near real time applications with high availability.
- Build and scale event and data aggregation pipeline with technologies like Kafka/NATS and expose these as PAAS services to business applications. Build complete automated ecosystem of tools for all PAAS infrastructure components
- Hire critical talent and develop new application infrastructure portfolio. Lead by example and provide mentoring, coaching/guidance to talented technologists.
- Be aggressive and leverage resources to the fullest to work on multiple parallel initiatives and solutions. Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals, building core frameworks and implement best practices.
- Experience must include building and leading products for mission-critical applications supporting high transaction volumes.
- Experience in building highly available, high through-put and low-latency transactions systems.
- Demonstrable experience supporting and enabling PAAS approaches to application infrastructure that support high availability/resiliency and diverse set of application needs.
- Experienced with inner workings of distributed/shared nothing architectures and Open Source NoSQL database products such as Cassandra, Hbase, Redis. Must have experience in adopting, deploying and scaling such technologies for large scale systems.
- Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for backend concurrent engineering, system software development and deployment on diverse platforms
- Must be high impact individual with deep technology background and the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with engineers and executives alike. Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what’s possible technically, operationally and professionally.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
- Experience managing a team of developers.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters degree is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”