REF5113B - Staff Middleware Engineer
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Middleware Engineering team is part of the Global Service Engineering and is responsible for common middleware and integration infrastructure that supports communication between multiple enterprise applications and multiple business lines; it is responsible for all systems, technology and processing platforms, networks, and the development required to support the business demands of the company.
This role will be responsible for the design, development, configuration, problem analysis, deployment, and continuous operational improvement of middleware technologies used at Visa.
Responsibilities include working with Global systems, Global Operations, Cybersource and external Integration partners in implementing solutions via current or proposed middleware technologies, including but not limited to Application Servers(WebLogic, WebSphere, tcServer, JBOSS, etc.), Web Servers, Oracle SOA, Oracle BPM, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Identity Management and Java/J2EE applications. Understanding of Actuate reporting, SOA, Data power, LDAP and DB2 database will be a plus. You will be able to collaborate with others to manage and rationalize incoming requirements in order to implement appropriate solutions.
- You gather and analyze requirements from development teams to design, deploy and support of various enterprise middleware technologies
- You provide technology leadership in tcServer, Tomcat, IBM WebSphere Application Server, Oracle WebLogic, messaging solution (message broker, MQ)
- Architect, integrate and configure applications to fully utilize the above technologies as well as Datapower, LDAP, Siteminder and other Middleware technologies
- Provide level 3 (engineering) production support for integration solutions in production environments
- Lead problem resolution and improvement efforts
- You drive constant interaction with developers, architects, and project managers
- Improve Middleware and Integration operating procedures and engineering patterns
- Provide input to project planning, estimation, budget, resource, and technology planning
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
- 3+ years experience in creation and maintenance of enterprise-grade application architecture, including SOA and messaging systems
- Excellent Admin knowledge on Tomcat, Apache, MQ
- Intermediate level of experience on Application servers like IBM WebSphere, Weblogic, etc.
- Intermediate level of experience on Web. Servers like IIS, IBM IHS, etc.
- Experience with a scripting language (Shell script, Perl, Python, bash)
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues and problem solving
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate level of knowledge on Windows/UNIX/Linux OS
- Experience with CA SiteMinder, CA Web Agent Integration with web server, CA Identity Manager, CA Directory Server, Red Hat Directory Server and Oracle Directory Server products
- Experience programming in Java, J2EE
- Experience with Fraud Management, Payment and/or Credit Card processing is a plus
- XML parsing and XML schema design experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.