Senior Technical Product Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access
to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Senior Technical Product Management
You may have noticed that payment has become a very active/hot area in the last several years. Given the strong demands and innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, and is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning,
cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform Department is in the center for many of these technologies and development.
The Data Platform (DP) department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform and data services that drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data is the most value asset in Visa. The Data Platform department is dedicated to develop advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, rich, high quality, and fast therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its data assets in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The group maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business and external clients.
The Data Platform Technical Production Management (TPM) team is responsible on defining the next generation of Visa Data Platform including the Data Platform as a Service (PaaS) layer and Data as a Service (DaaS) layer. To do this, the Sr. TPM needs to understand the company needs on data/data
platform and make sure that our PaaS and DaaS can serve these needs properly. This position will report to the Head of Technical Product Management for the Data Platform department.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background in cloud, big data, large scale platforms, Machine Learning, etc., is thought leader, is very familiar with the up to date development of the industry in these areas, have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, be an analytical and structured thinker as well as with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management and software solution delivery. The position will be based in Visa’s Palo Alto office.
- Deeply understand the needs on data of Visa. Drive requirements and strategy for
data collection, processing, publishing, and serving within Visa.
- Key contributor to help drive the strategy for our centralized software platforms for processing, managing, and serving data to the entire company
- Keep track of the industry development status of PaaS and DaaS. Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals to expand our product line
- Key contributor to defining the strategy of data platform by partnering with other leaders in the DP org
- Define the DP product roadmap by partnering with other leaders in DP and keep it up to date while the needs from the company evolves, the industry evolves, and our development makes progress
- Define products and services including the scope and prioritization of features of DP in an agile way while the needs and development evolve. Influence product and technology strategy and direction, and product/user experience
- Define success metrics and SLAs on the key products and services
- Work closely with business analysts, and engineers to facilitate and guide the product development process
- Work with operation and engineering teams to develop and roll out operational support models for the Data Platform’s products and services.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements were understood and implemented as requested
- Closely interact and partner with business and technology teams globally
- Drive Data Platform internal and external on data platform strategy and roadmap
- BA/BS degree is required. Concentration in Computer Science, Business, or a related technical discipline. MBA and/or advanced technology degree is a plus
- 10+ years of industrial experience in the related areas
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Strong technical experience in the areas of cloud, big data, machine learning, large scale platform, and data API
- Passion for big data, including strong interest in data science, statistics, and analytics
- Strong product management experience on a large production line
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with clients and partners at all levels
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Solid understanding of business
- Solid understanding of Data security, Data Quality, Business Activity Monitoring and
SLA driven insight delivery
- Fast learner on both technical side and business side
- Broad knowledge of the state of art industry development status in the related areas
- Strong customer centric mindset.
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.