Sr. Director, Visa Developer Platform Regional Client Engagement
- San Francisco, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa has built the world’s premier payment network with advanced processing and value added services. “Visanet” is capable of handling more than 50,000 transactions per second, with convenience, reliability, and security, including fraud protection for consumers and guaranteed payment for merchants.
In response to the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry, Visa is extending its network, opening access to payment capabilities, and encouraging participation by new partners in the payments ecosystem. To do that, we are unbundling our products, rationalizing them into consumable services (APIs and SDKs), and opening them up to a broader set of partners through Visa Developer. Visa Developer enables financial institutions, merchants, strategic partners, and independent software vendors to more easily use our network, value-added services, and data assets. Through a premier online developer experience and supporting services and tools, developers will be able to readily discover, access, integrate, and test what they need from Visa to build new and creative solutions for their customers.
The role of “VDP Regional Client Engagement Senior Director” is a position in Visa’s Innovation and Strategic Partnerships organization that will be responsible for driving the adoption and success of the Visa Developer Platform (VDP) by clients and other third parties in Visa’s global regions including Canada, Asia Pacific, Central Europe and the Middle East, and Europe. This go-to-market and technical role is the regional organization’s integrator of VDP market positioning and messaging, the driver and converter of client engagement opportunities with technical direction, the educator of Visa’s internal partners, and executor of regional market evangelism activities for VDP. You will be the key bridge between the VDP Product team, Regional Product teams, Visa Sales, Visa marketing and communications, and Visa Technology teams in the comprehensive development and implementation of the VDP go-to-market plan. The role will lead regional headcount in each region and reports to the Head of Client Engagement and Field Readiness.
You will be a tried product and technology leader with predominantly digital and/or FinTech experience within a large enterprise, responsible for independently driving awareness, engagement and conversion initiatives against clear business metrics across functions. Are you highly collaborative, have deep technical chops, and have an extraordinary ability to communicate complex, often technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences?
- You will lead a global team serving as the regional leader for the comprehensive go-to-market activities of the Visa Developer Platform, coordinating closely with the VDP team, regional product teams, Sales and the marketing and communications to drive awareness, education, adoption and usage of VDP globally.
- Manage regional business development and solution architect headcount to lead client engagements through Visa Developer ideation, onboarding and launch processes to ensure client delivery.
- Use deep technical chops to help clients design and integrate into VDP, assist in solution architecture design and API education.
- Work with team to collect feedback through the client engagement process to decrease time-to-value and figure out where engagement and onboarding can be automated. Launch API “set plays” in regions.
- Co-Lead with Visa HQ and regional marketing and comms teams the development and implementation of comprehensive regional marketing, communication, events, and PR plans for driving VDP demand.
- Deliver through regional team VDP education, training and evangelism programs.
- In partnership with the Community Manager, we will establish regional developer outreach programs and both internal and external events (e.g., hackathons, designathons, etc.) to establish VDP as the industry standard platform for global payments.
- Act as a primary initial regional VDP interface for Visa Account Executives, Sales teams, and Client Support (i.e., “be the face of VDP”).
- Ensure the systematic collection of client and market feedback on VDP and specific APIs so Product Management and Technology can improve Product/Platform experiences and prioritize new feature and capability development.
- Partner with regional innovation/technology teams to inspire usage of Visa Developer APIs in innovation initiatives.
- Be an evangelist throughout Visa and with our clients on the new forms of digital product management and technology. Inspire the regional organizations and others through confirmed delivery and results.
- Some travel required.
YOU WILL BE THE PERFECT MATCH IF YOU HAVE:
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus
- 12+ years product technical experience - managing teams and leading cross-company initiatives, with a strong focus on digital products, services, and/or platforms. API platform experience a plus.
- Extraordinary change leadership skills with experience driving new initiatives in organizations
- Tried ability to work with Technology and Product to deliver and execute an integrated product offering and go-to-market plan. Experience with MarComm a plus.
- Fluency and experience interfacing regularly with executive management
- Ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical thinker, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation abilities, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Naturally optimistic and energized by delivery of new products to the market
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.