Manager, Corporate Communications
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
We are looking for a dynamic team player with exceptional writing and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to work cross-functionally within a broader, integrated marketing communications team. The ideal candidate will exhibit a clear understanding of the changing media landscape, strong research and problem-solving skills, creative thinking, project management expertise, a global mindset, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
The Manager, Corporate Communications will serve as a contact to media, including traditional, social and digital. In addition, the Manager will play a critical role in project management of multiple corporate communications campaigns and work streams. This will include, in particular, tracking and PowerPoint deck development. The successful candidate will also provide input into the development of integrated marketing and communications strategies and support their execution, in cooperation with their corporate communications colleagues.
The Manager, Corporate Communications, will be part of Visa’s Corporate Communications team.
• Monitor, direct and respond to incoming corporate media inquiries.
• Monitor and track media coverage for corporate and issue-specific media as needed, as well as help track reactive and proactive interactions.
• Lead Visa’s corporate award submission and tracking process.
• Develop reporter briefing documents and speaking briefs for various Visa spokespeople.
• Support the identification, development, pitching and placement of Visa-related stories in top tier business, consumer and financial media worldwide, in print, digital and broadcast outlets.
• Research, develop, and monitor editorial calendars for all relevant corporate rankings and work with appropriate teams to produce submissions.
• Develop and support the annual planning process as well as communications plans as necessary.
• Correspond cross-functionally to maintain various Visa fact sheets and information.
• Support various communications initiatives and efforts including: corporate awards and recognition, executive visibility and media relations.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the work and excited to advance Visa’s communications goals. Key attributes include: quick thinking, results-oriented, love of words, ability to see the big picture while having a keen eye for detail, collaborative spirit, creativity, discretion, persuasiveness, resourcefulness, organization, confidence, initiative, patience, warmth, flexibility and enthusiasm.
• 5+ years of experience in managing an active and dynamic media, communications and public affairs program.
• Communications experience related to public policy or government preferred.
• Superb writing and editing skills – PowerPoint plan development, news releases, fact sheets, talking points, executive briefing documents.
• Must be able to develop content under deadline pressure.
• Experience blending traditional communications tactics with digital media
• Exceptional project management skills and the ability to structure and manage multiple initiative simultaneously and drive to completion, often with short deadlines.
• Approaches everything with drive, urgency and energy.
• Demonstrated adaptability and professional maturity.
• Demonstrated ability to counsel executives, provide an informed point of view and defend that position as needed.
• Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get the work, big and small, done.
• Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative.
• Self-starter, strong problem solver and project owner.
• Proficient in media and content tools (Cision, NewsCred, Businesswire)
• Exceptional in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Strong PR agency experience or a mix of PR agency and in-house experience will be considered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.